Synopsis

The year is 2140.

The world our ancestors knew has gone.

They say that in the 21st century the apocalypse occurred. Grotesque creatures attacked earth. Their bear touch caused the things around them to die.

Humans thought they were aliens.

Others called them daemons.

No one knew for sure what they were.

When things became dismal and the end was near, a warrior race rose up from the ashes. Clad in black, they wielded silver weapons with the ease of assassins, swooping in to destroy the beings that had invaded our homes.

But just as suddenly they had appeared, these warriors disappeared.

The governments tried to find them but it was pointless. They had vanished from the surface of earth.

The religious called them Lithialeen - Angel Helpers.

The rest of the world called them Shadows.

It took more than 100 years to restore the world which had fallen into disrepair and become an ashy wasteland.

The countries became integrated, new border arose. The main centers retained their names but the countries and continents had changed forever. New York, London, Shenghai, New Dehli, Tehran,and Rio were the only old names that were recognizable. The rest had been simply melded or changed.

They called the dead zones 'Hollowlands.'

With the threat gone, Human race prospered, soon forgetting about the mysterious Shadows that had saved them.

Contrary to what the rest of the world believed, The Order of Shadows arose in the midst of this war and continued to thrive, fighting the battle on the sidelines that humankind had no idea was still going on.

The Order of Shadows was created on the pinnacle of religion.

God sent Angel Micheal with a goblet of Holy Blood. The Angel offered His cup to a group of twelve holy men and women with pure hearts and when they drank the blood, they became the first of the Order of Shadows.

And with the Light, there came power and strength, glamour and illusion.

They were charged to destroy the Daemons that had escaped from the denizens of Hell to wreck havoc on earth.

And so they fought with valour, passing on their names to their offspring.

These became the 12 families of the Order. They were the Farseer, De Angelo, Jos'e, Morvolo, Jiang, Roselit, Darvon, Alesksei, Patil, Biel, Khan and Elandri.

Soon after the war, these men set up a ruling council, creating a secret society for themselves, within the human race.

Twelve Academies under the supervision of the Original Twelve were built in every major city in the world, to train their children and grandchildren to become warriors, to fight in a battle which had now become their legacy.

They called themselves the Shadow Walkers.