( CHAPTER TWO - HE'LL HAVE TO CLOSE AN EYE )

[ act i - forced to love ]
CHAPTER TWO
( he'll have to close an eye )

———— "THIS ONE HAS SIXTY RINGS," Helaena spoke, watching the centipede crawl over her knuckles "and two pairs of legs on each side" she said

———— "THIS ONE HAS SIXTY RINGS," Helaena spoke, watching the centipede crawl over her knuckles "and two pairs of legs on each side" she said. Her eyes followed its moving, clear inspiration in her gaze when she looked at it.

"That's 240, Hel" Rhaelys counted the addition in her head before telling her aunt the answer, Helaena looked to her with a smile and nodded.

Helaena looked back at the bug, "it has eyes, though i don't think it can see" she informed. The two enjoyed the small times they got together away from the four boys and newly crying babe, growing up at similar ages in the same castle the two girls grew to have a bond only each other knew of; as Helaena struggled with physical touch and even expressing her emotions, Rhaelys understood this and excepted it. Over time Helaena was able to feel completely comfortable around Rhae.

The brunette girl lowered her head to look deeper into the centipede "why is that do you think?" asked Rhaelys. Her fascination was not as wide to bugs then Helaena's was, yet she still sat with her for hours on end examining them.

"it is beyond our understanding" Answered Helaena and the two stared at the creature crawl around their hands. The silence was disturbed when Alicent had joined the two, throwing the door open and dismissing the guard who the girls had forgotten sat in the corner.

"Rhaelys, i would like a true and honest answer" she spoke in a demanding tone towering over the girl. She held her hands together at the front of her dress and opened her mouth to speak again.

The younger girls eyes widened at what she thought the queen was to ask, "yes i did!" she spat out, standing and holding her hands to her face.

Alicent looked at her shocked, the two had a relationship more of a strict mum and daughter then grandmother and granddaughter, so it was no surprise to the queen that she got an answer so quickly. "you did?" Alicent frowned, she never actually thought of her granddaughter to do such a thing.

"yes, i slapped the nurse. but only because—" Rhaelys stopped her self when she saw the expression on the queen, a confused one, before it changed to pure anger.

"you slapped a nurse?!" she shouted at the younger girl, now making Helaena even look up in distraught.

Rhaelys squinted her eyes, realising that the queen actually had no idea of her actions towards the nurse at her mothers brith who told Rhaenyra to visit the Alicent striaght after birth— she tilted her head and replied "no?" in a confused tone.

"You said that—" Alicent started before relaxing her eyes at Rhaelys and instead asking what she entered the room for, "i was asking if you had any part in what your brothers did to aemond?"

The younger girls mouth opened to form an 'o' before she shook her head, "i'm sorry but i have no idea of what your talking about then, your majesty" said Rhaelys.