Six

PEsmeralda pov

" GIOVANNI,GET OFF ME!" I screamed. Gio thought it would be a good idea to wake me up by siting on my stomach.

" Make me breakfast. " He whined.

"Okay but get off!"

Why did I let him in the house? I thought.

Gio came to my house a few hours before I came back home with Thomas at 2am. He then demanded why I came home so late. I just told him what he tells me.

"I forgot my watch."

"What do you want?" I ask angrily.

" Nothing I just wanted to bother you." Gio said, he took off running. I ran after him and tacked him down.

" Esmeralda! Get off him please!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Fine." I mumbled.

" Your not going anywhere!" Gio said then picked me up and threw me into the couch. I nocked down a few thing when Gio threw me and my mom threw a flip-flop at Gio. Yep she still got the awsome aim. I thought rembering how she never missed.

"Hey, Gio your mom up for a visitor? I have the day off. " I asked, hoping hew would say yes. I havent seen Marissa since she was in the hospital before i started working.

" I think she is she's a lot better from the the last time you saw her. I'll call her to let her know" Gio said.

°•°•°•°•°•°

"Hey." I said. Stepping into Gio's house.

"Esmeralda! Its been way to long." Marissa greated me. She gave me a big bear hug.

" I know I missed you."

"I made your favorite flan." She said .

"Why don't you ever make me flan?" Gio complained.

"Because unlike you Esmeralda is greatful and says thank you for everthing." Marissa said.

"You never say thank you to me when I get you your medication." Gio argued.

"I dont have to because I raised you and took care of you. Now its your turn."Marissa said.

Marissa has a heart condition and thats why Gio is always finding ways to pay for it. He recently got in debt to pay the hospital after Marissa had a heart attack after finding out about Gio dad's death.

Gio's dad died in the same fire as my dad. They were at at Gio's family resterant. A fire started in the kitchen the whole place burned down. Gio and I saw the buildin burn down to ashes and the firemen trying to stop it when we where driving by heading to school at 6:30 a.m. At first we thought it was too early for Gio's dad be their. But then I saw my dad's car.

I didnt cry and i didnt become histerical when i was watching to me it was just a bad dream, but I didn't know that I've woken up into a nightmare.

"Mija I heard you got a job. "Marissa said to me.

"Yes I did."

"She's a maid for Juan Martinez's family." Gio said from the kitchen obviously stuffing his face with food.

"How could your mom let you... of course she doesn't know." Marissa said under heard breath.