Her Voice

It was a scorching afternoon, I was afraid that my sun kissed face will burn at any time. I went into Express Avenue Mall nearby and decided to chill there for some time. The Mall was filled with heart helium gas balloons on the top and a selfie booth imprinted "Happy Valentine's Day" at the centre of the Mall. There were many couples for a date and have a quality time with their loved ones. But me, just alone, all alone and wondering when my Juliet will arrive and have a date like this. Huh! Forget about that, then I felt like have some coffee there. So I gone to the third floor, a cafeteria. I ordered a cappuccino and sat in a chair nearby the window. I can see the roof top view of the city and that mesmerized me. So I gave a little bit of a sight and I started to concentrate on having sip and messages on my phone. That heart shape above the coffee was like wow. That person who brewed the coffee proved that he is also an artist. I really don't want to spoil it, but my lips insist to. So I was about to have a sip. I slowly lifted that cup near my lips. That's where my actual love story between me and coffee was about to start. Suddenly I heard a girl singing somewhere else. Her voice, just captures my heart. I already try to sell my heart to the coffee but that voice which I heard plundered from me without a notice. Who is she? How do she look like? Beautiful? Dark or white? Lots of questions aroused in my mind. Without a delay, I gulped up the whole coffee since it is cooled and rushed off to find her. By the way, I beg your pardon miss coffee, my heart is stolen by her voice. I don't have nothing but a small amount of money to pay for drinking it. After paying my money to the billing counter, my hunt for her has begun. Her voice kept on ringing over my ears. That voice which is as sweet as honey made me became a shameless stalker for that moment. I never been like this before, nor I realize what I am doing is so pointless. I didn't have any idea on proposing to her. I just want to convey my thoughts about her voice, looking at her eyes before I leave this Mall. The hunt keeps on continuing, I am clueless about her. Her voice suddenly started fading out from the place. I just want to hold on for a moment just to see you once. My feet insists to run for her. I ran till my leg gets numb. Her voice, has gone out of my hands, she's gone. I fell on the ground near the exit and few people including the security lady ran against me and encircled me. One of the security lady asks, "Are you alright thambi?" My mind refuses to say yes. But I did with a dissatisfaction. I sat in a couch and drank some water that security lady offered. Now I am physically alright, but mentally not. Her voice just gave an unravelled mystery of who she is. With that face of tired and exploitation, I boarded a Bus 27D to Villivakkam. I just started scrolling over my photos and videos which I captured during my venture. Unexpectedly, I heard that voice in a video which I captured and that made me a bit of shock. Though it captures the cup of coffee through the camera, it fails to capture her. Anyways, I was a bit satisfied that I can cherish this moment any time and store it wherever I want. I wish our eyes will meet soon before my eyelids close to rest when I die peacefully.

THE END