A Simple Gift - Peter Parker

Day 2 - Broken Voice/Unable to speak

Fandom: Marvel (Avengers ) (Peter Parker - Tom Holland)

Prompt Type: Reader Insert

Word Count: 1597

- - - - - - - - - - - 

After the Civil War and you accidentally agreeing to Stark complying with Sokovia Accords, you were given a job in Avengers HQ. You may not have a salary but shelter, food, scholarship and other necessities are provided by Stark himself. He knew you were not a fortunate person after checking your background.

It was difficult finding a job because you have a disability. People don't want a person who doesn't have a capability to communicate, so they decline at the least with respect.

Happy had to wave to get your attention. "We're here." He mouthed. You nod and hop out. 

It's your moving day, you used to live in a small apartment in Bronx and got lucky to meet a nice baker on another block that offered you a job as an assistant in his bakery. He was sad to see you go but you assured that once you are settled, you will pay a visit. 

Happy puts all your stuff on the top of the stairs in the entrance then he showed you a note in his phone. 

"Tony is waiting for me so I can't really accompany you. Your room is on the second floor near med bay."  

You nod and show your sticky note with a "Thank you" in it. He smiled then head back to his car. 

You enter the building carrying a box full of your stuff. It was quiet and it seems like no one is there. 

When you turn to go to a room, you bump into someone and your things scatters on the floor. "Oh sorry! I'm so sorry." He grab at once what he can grab and put it back in your box. "I was looking for Mr. Stark, he said he was here. Have you seen him?" 

You weren't aware he was asking because you are busy arranging your things. "Hey, do you know where he is?" Peter asks again. 

When there was no response, he tap your shoulder. The moment he starts speaking you pull your sticky notes in your pocket and showed him a note explaining your condition. 

He puts his bag in front and pull a notebook and writes something in it. 

"Have you seen Mr. Stark? He told me he's already here." When you saw the note, you mouthed "Oh!" and nod realizing what he was asking and chuckle. He gave you his notebook to write your reply. "Happy said he can't help me because he is going to fetch him. Lol."

When he saw the note, he pouted and sighed. You write a question this time. "Did he also give you a job?" 

"It's more like Internship. How about you?" 

"A job. Assistant of Bruce Banner. I want to be a physicist like him." 

"That's great! I'm sorry by the way. I was listening to music while looking around." You accept his apology by giving him thumbs up. 

You notice something caught Peter's attention and he starts talking. You didn't mind because you are excited to see your room and have a tour in the compound. Going up the stairs, Peter tap your shoulder again and points to his notebook for you to read. "Need some help? Ned and I can help you while waiting :)"

You nod but made it clear through gesture that you can carry the box you are holding and Peter respects that by leading the way. 

On your way back to the entrance and to your room, you already know each other's background and that help ease the awkwardness that you were feeling earlier and that was the beginning of your friendship.