𝟷𝟹. sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴅᴅɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ

TW: mentions of blood, fainting, vomit

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Suspension wasn't fun, Jordyn learned.

Quite the opposite – it was her own personal hell.

Since the shark incident, Jordyn has been banned from participating in any missions or even entering the lab when there was an ongoing one. Whenever this occurred, she had to bridge the time until they came back.

Like right now. 

Alone in the living room, she let her head fall back on the couch cushion and blew a strand of hair off her face. A heavy sigh left her. "What's happening now?" She asked, tilting her head toward the screen on the wall. 

Her question which had rudely interrupted one of his comments added to Eddy's annoyance. On her demand, he was currently giving her a play-by-play of the mission. Unfortunately, he took the request a little too far and commented on the most unnecessary actions, like Leo's sneeze or Donald's nervous shuffles.

After what felt like hours, Bree finally approached the couch and plopped down next to her friend. As she propped her feet up on the table, Joe decided not to comment on her disheveled appearance and instead asked, "So, what happened?"

Bree closed her eyes and groaned, "You know damn well I cannot tell you."

"Oh, come on. Mr. Davenport doesn't have to know you told me."

"Nuh-uh. Not happening. I'm not risking anything. Just got back into his good graces again."

Joe pouted but only got an eye roll in response. Before she could further whine about Donald's annoying rules, the man himself entered the room. Joe quickly straightened up and leaned on her arm, suddenly acting very interested in the conversation with Bree. "Is Chase okay?"

Bree only frowned at her strange act but didn't answer as Donald himself took it upon himself to respond, "You're not getting your laptop back."

Joe loudly groaned and flopped down on the couch, pressing a pillow to her face out of frustration. Bree and Mr. Davenport exchanged an amused look but didn't entertain the girl's behavior.

"Don't you have anywhere else to be?" Donald asked.

"No!" She cried out, throwing the pillow away. "There's nowhere I have to be anymore. My life is completely meaningless. I don't know where to go, what to do... I don't know who I am anymore. By taking away my laptop you took away my life," she sat up and stared at the man with furrowed brows, "Don't you feel bad for doing such heinous act to a mere child? Destroying my life? My future?"

Donald frowned while Bree suppressed a chuckle at her friend's dramatics. "Only a few more days," he said and went to turn the corner.

Joe stood up to follow the man. "What do I have to do to get my life back? You want me to do his homework? Drive him to school? Kiss him?!"