1- We're a happy family

"Morning Miss Freya" Karl our top butler said opening the long dusty curtains in my enormous room.

"Morning Karl, is breakfast ready?" I asked slipping on my favorite orange slippers. They made my feet so warm and comfortable, I wake up thinking about it.

"Yes, Edin is making pancakes this very minute!" Karl exclaimed. Edin was our top maid as she cleaned, cooked and gardened, we did have others to help but she insisted and personally she's my favorite.

"Yum, my mouth is drooling thinking about it" we both laughed before heading down the steps towards the maple syrup scented room.

"Hey hunny, how would be on this beautiful Morning?" My mother asked. Her short blonde hair fell perfectly as if it had been done professionally.

"I am grand! How about you?" I said walking over and giving her a hug. I loved my mothers hugs, they were always warm and full of love.

"Good morning sweetheart" my farther said walking in to the room. I replied by saying "Morning dad" and gave him a hug.

Just as I sat down Edin came in with steaming pancakes. "They look very yummy!" My father said shoving the sugary food into his hungry mouth. My mother and I laughed as we gracefully ate our own.

"Thank you so much Edin they were the best pancakes I have ever had!" I said taking all of our plates to the kitchen. "Thank you Miss Freya, I can take them for you" Edin put her hands out to grab the plates.

"No, no, it's fine I can take them to the kitchen" I stated as Edin nodding thankfully. "I'm so full I could explode!" I heard my mother say as my father chuckled quietly. After finishing the dishers with Edin, I was heading up to my room when Karl stopped me.

"Miss Freya, your parents would like to meet you in the living room, for a family meeting" he spoke softly. "Thank you Karl" I replied walking towards the living room wondering what they wanted to talk about.

"Hi darling, we just want to talk to you about something" my father said calmly, okay so I mustn't be in trouble. "Okay" I smiled polity at them.

"So we know your sixteenth birthday is next Monday and you really wanted to see Harper but we are busy all week next week an cannot make time" my mother said slowly. I nodded understanding. Harper was my best-friend and she lived in the next kingdom over.

"So we have organized for Harper to come over today!" My father finished. I squealed jumping in the air before containing my self and politely curtsied out of habit. "Thank you so much!"

I was so excited on my way to my room I have Karl a hug and he chuckled. I walked into my wardrobe and picked out something to wear and chucked my hair up in a tight pony tail. I had my mothers natural blonde hair and my fathers bright blue eyes.

I quickly got changed and ran outside to where Harper and her family were standing talking to my parents. Harper and I squealed as we ran towards each other. After our very long hug we parted and squealed again.

"I missed you so much Frey!" She yelled. "I missed you to harps" I replied smiling from ear to ear. "Happy birthday for next week!" She exclaimed jumping up and down. "Thanks harps!"

We starting walking over to our parents who were in deep discussion about how Harper and I were growing up to fast. "And look how tall she is getting" Mrs Smith Harpers mother said examining me. Once she had finished she gave me a hug and said "happy birthday for next week" as did Mr smith.

"Thank you" I said grinning at Harper who handed me a present. "I picked it out myself!" She beamed. I giggled as I opened the small square box. "OH MY GOSH! Thank you so so much!" I said giving them all a hug.

Inside was a orange instant camera. I quickly remembered talking to Harper about how I really wanted one many weeks ago. "So I take it you like it" Harper asked. "I love it!"

After we all went inside and took multiple selfies, it was time for Harper and I to hang out and gossip. We ran up to my room and sat on my king size bed. "So this really cute guy came into the palace yesterday and gave me a rose!" Harper started.

She was bound to have a boyfriend soon. She had long dark brown hair that was naturally wavy just like mine and she had light blue eyes with stunningly long eyelashes talso like mine.

"Does he have a twin?" I asked and we both start to laugh historically. "I miss this so much" I said seriously. "I know but at least we do get to see each other and we make the best memories" Harper said giggling. "I know" I said joining in.

After multiple laughing fits we finally calmed down and Edin brought us some snacks. "So have you seen any cute guys with twins?" Harper asked after eating her apple. "No, not really. I mean there have been cute guys trying to win my affection but none have really interested me" I explained.

"Like half of them only want to be king and the others have weird habits like this one guy, said he didn't like showering or bathing because he didn't think it's natural" I giggled. "Eww, did he smell?" She asked scrunching her nose up.

"Like a pig after a mud bath" I sighed and looked at the time. "How long left" Harper asked. "Half an hour" I replied. "Well let's do something fun?"

"Like what?" I asked already knowing the answer. "STAIR SLIDING!" We yelled in unison. This was a game we made up as children. You get a bogie Board and race down the stairs. I have always won. Expect once when Harper started before me.

"On your marks, get set, goooooo" we screeched sliding down the stairs. Harper was in the lead but I quickly took over. After winning the first round and many others we decided that we would have one last turn.

We were both tying. Every now an then one of us would take the lead but as we reached then bottom we crashed straight into Karl! I got up instantly to see if anyone was hurt.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay!" I asked. "I'm fine girls as long as you were having fun" Karl replied. I smiled at the tall man. He has the biggest heart ever! "Anyway, I came here to tell you that Miss Harper your parents are ready to leave"

Harper and I shared sad looks before heading out to where our parents where. "One more photo?" My father asked. I nodded quickly before jumping into the selfie. When the photo came out I scribbled on the bottom 'we're a happy family'.

"I'm gonna miss you Frey" Harper said giving me a giant bear hug. Like my mothers hugs, Harpers were warm an full of love also. "I will miss you to" I said tearing up.

"Come Harper you will see her at the annual ball in two weeks" Mr smith grinned.
"Bring someone cute" I winked at her. "Only if you do" she winked back. "You know I will" we both laughed and hugged once more.

The smiths climbed in to their dark blue limo. Harper waved to me through the tinted widows and gave a small smile. I waved back as my mother and father walked back to the palace.

"So about this ball..?" I asked slowly looking at my parents. "Yes, we will be going shopping for a dress for you next Thursday" my mother explained. "No way!" I interrupted. "You will also have to find a man to dance with" my father continued as we walked inside.