Only Starting

Dolian hid in the closet his brother had shoved him in just before they entered the house.

The others had been doing their homework on their computers while he busied himself. As he'd finished all of his studies for the day long ago. Life itself was not that interesting for the young boy, the only thing he truly cared about was his family. He had not friends to talk with, nor games to play. All he wanted was to enjoy himself with those he truly loved.

He had merely been reading on the couch in the bedroom he and his siblings shared, when they came banging on the door and his older brother Loliath picked him up and pushed him under the clothing. Telling him the be silent as he quickly slid the door shut.

He could hear people yelling and objects falling over as he held his mouth shut. The grey walls and the scratchy hanging clothes pressed against his small body as he creaked the door open. With all the chaos no one would notice the little boy hiding away.

Through the small crack he could see armed police entering the flat dressed in their well known black and blue enforced suits. The one in front held up a gun to Dolian's mother as he spoke to the other officers around him,

"You know your orders, the experiment only needs one more child, the rest are useless to us."

He commanded as he quickly cocked the gun and shot Dolian's mom right in the head. Crimson red blood bloomed from the wound as she fell to the ground. His father and sibling were screaming as their lives were stolen from them. The only one who's blood did not stain the floor in the moment was his twin sister Maria. She screamed and cried running streams of tears like waterfalls poured down her face as she faced the horror of what lay in front of her but Dolian would not, could not cry for them. Petrified by fear he was. A a gag was stuffed in her mouth to muffle her pain, to silence her sorrow she refused to hold back.

"The files said there was another one. Search the place, they requested the boy."

Dolian's eyes widened in fear as they left the room, he knew he had mere moments to escape if he did not want to face a worsened fate. He glanced at the window which led out to the street, the street which itself was dark, but for mankind lit it up with neon lights and flashing signs, there was never rest. He knew he would be able to see if he wished to climb out, with no second thoughts and seconds to spare he bolted out of the closet and grabbed onto the window sill sliding himself out and placing his small feet on the ledge beneath. No one would notice the small seven year old holding on for dear life, and everyone here could only do the same with their whole lives, always holding onto that ledge. What a funny thought it was, a little metaphor he made should only now come back to haunt him. He was was flashed back to reality as one of the many flying vehicles that zoomed around Solan bolted passed him forcing him to press against the wall to avoid being cut by the choppers which came dangerously close to his skin as it flew past. By now they would have realized he was not anywhere else in the small apartment and come back to what was now his room.

He inched carefully away from the window across the side of the apartment building hoping he would be able to get away in time. But a the loud shocking sounds of yelling from a nearby club surprised him causing him to lose his grip and fall to the hard cement ground that lay beneath.

.......................

He was only unconscious for a few minutes but a few minutes was way more than enough time for them to hear the sound and see what happened.

The pain in his arm and leg was immeasurable but he had to escape he couldn't bear what would await him. He turned his head to the left as he opened his eyes, not wanting to be blinded by the lights that contrasted with the dark sky, but it only gave him perfect view of the officers holding his sister as the other walked towards him.

"Oh good, he's alive,"

The man who lead the group, the man who killed his family, a monster with no purpose but of course he had some sort of motivation, everyone did. He was grabbed by his small shirt collar to face the man.

"his limbs won't matter, I see no reason why we can't take him. Just get rid of her we have no use for any extras."

He cried out to her with the last bit of strength he had hoping she would run, but they were to quick. The gun had already been shot. She fell to the floor. No one around who could spare a glance, no one who could care enough to consider helping or mourning her. The last of what he had left lay on the floor like all the others, he watched the same Color stain the sidewalk as they dragged him away.