~19~

A/N: Time skip from the last chapter! It is still the same day but it is now night time :)

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

Heather put her shoes on as quietly as she could, and then shrugged her jacket on. She put her bag over her shoulder, and then crept out of her room. She walked down the stairs and then out of the front door, shutting it behind her.

It was 3am, and she couldn't sleep. Her mind didn't seem to want to turn off - she kept thinking about one person. She hated herself for thinking about Matt. She hated him for keeping her up. She hated everything. 

She wanted to go the field. 

She walked alone, the music in her earphones keeping her company. She was careful walking at night, but she also didn't really care. Sometimes she wondered if anybody would even care if something did happen. Deep down, she knew Harry would. She thought Dakota and George would. But that didn't stop her from telling herself nobody would.

She walked across the road and ducked under the wood, and then went into the field. She walked down slightly, and then froze on the spot. There was somebody sitting near the edge of the field, and they were looking out at the view. She moved back slightly and stood directly on a branch. It snapped, and the noise echoed across the field.

She looked down at the branch for a second and then looked back at person. 

They were facing her. The person stood up and Heather felt her heart sink.

''Heather?'' the voice called.

She felt her heart sink even further, until she realised she recognised the voice. 

And then the fear was replaced with anger.

''What the fuck are you doing here, Matt? This is my space!'' she called, walking towards him.

'I'm sorry. I just...didn't know where else you would go.''

''I come here because it's safe away from everybody! You're ruining it!'' she said angrily.

''I'll leave as soon as you hear me out.'' he said walking towards her.

The two teenagers met in the middle and Heather scoffed. ''You're going to leave anyway.''

''No, I'm not.''

''Why are you even here?'' she asked.

''What do you think? I'm waiting for you!''

''Goodbye, Matt!'' she waved dramatically and then began to walk past him.

He grabbed her wrist. ''No way! I've been here since 5pm...I'm talking to you!''

''You waited here on your own time! I didn't ask you to!''

''Heather! Please!'' he yelled. She looked at him, and he immediately felt guilty. He let go of her wrist and rubbed the back of his neck. ''I didn't mean to shout at you.''

She sighed. ''It's fine.''

''No, it's not. It's-''

Heather sat down and then looked up at him. ''I'm not standing up anymore. I just walked the entire way here.''

He took the hint and sat down next to her quickly. ''I'm sorry for yelling.''

''It's fine.'' she said without looking at him.

Matt suddenly felt an overwhelming amount of anxiety. ''No it's not! None of this is fine!'' he cried. He felt tears begin to fall down his face, and Heather looked at him quickly.