chapter 2

it feels nice knowing you're safe. i love how easy you make it for me to keep an eye on you, it's almost as if you want someone to see you through those big windows. making sure you're safe is my top priority, and i thank you for making that easy for me. i just have to stop and watch for a few minutes on my daily walk. walks.
i'm not a stalker or anything, just protective. i guess you could say it's my love language. and i love you. we've only talked once, i know, but you're special. different. you have a cat, named rose, because that's your favorite flower. obvious by the vase filled with blooming roses. i should get you one. not yet, soon.
as i lay in bed, something exciting happened. you texted me. "got those notes? lol, it's dakota. thanks again!" oddly formal, i can roll with that. i sent the pictures i had taken earlier today, i've been waiting. "read: 2:38" seriously? what do you have going on that makes you too busy to reply, on a saturday? i forgive you, though i know you have nothing going on. your calendar is so clearly visible from outside your house. i can't wait to get married. a beautiful california wedding. i love california. i love you too, i can't wait to see you at school.
but you're still hiding, and i will find out why.