intrusive thoughts

[one-shot 1]

It was another school afternoon, students crowding out the school doors and excited to head home. Rob was walking down the sidewalk,a few things on his mind. The day for him was completely normal, except for one thing that always keeps bothering him. The annoyance of people miswording his name or himself in general,he never really knew why his name was so easy to forget. Rob wasn't very social,but was always up for conversation with anyone! He even often participated in class a lot of the time. He even had a few friends!..well only a small amount..which was molly,Teri and was even mutual with julius. Yet he didn't really feel happy,he didn't like the thought of..being forgotten. Rob shuddered,the thought of it made him slightly insecure and afraid.
The cyclops sighed,observing his surroundings before eyeing two figures walking by. He slightly smiled,it was gumball and Darwin,even though they didn't talk much..they had around 3 classes together! They would surely recognize him!
"Hey gumball!! Hey Darwin!!" Rob waved at the two boys, wanting to strike up conversation. Gumball looked at the cyclops before looking around,looking confused "O-oh!! Hheeeeyyyyyy rrrrrrrr- uh.. Rachel??" Darwin sheepishly replied.
Immediately Rob's expression fell, looking at the brothers with slight disappointment.
"Uhm,eheh it's rob" rob corrected,forcing a smile of his face "I'm from miss simians science class! I was wondering if y'all would want to hang out soon?" Rob obliged,looking nervous. "Sorry dude,uh we are sorta busy this afternoon...we got some homework to do and uh..stuff" gumball replied "but y'know!! We'll keep in touch??"
"Uhm...okay??" Rob said,awkwardness filling the area,a familiar figure walking by the bus stop behind them.
"Well we gotta get going aha!! Bye..uh..roy?" Gumball chuckled before running off with his fish companion. "Bye.."
The cyclops stood there for a few minutes, trying to process the interaction he just had.
'why cant anyone get my name right?' he thought to himself,feeling his emotions starting unravel..Tears forming on his face
'Am I boring? What am I doing wrong? I'm just like everyone!! Am I ugly?' Rob felt himself starting to break down,his hand over his mouth as he stood stiffly. Not knowing a specific person caught their attention to rob immediately.
Julius stood over by the bus stop sign, looking over to see rob on the other side of the street..yet something felt off. Julius seemed concerned about his friend,soon hearing the sounds of sniffling.
Rob felt his entire insecurities filling his mind,he felt stupid crying over people forgetting his name. The cyclops wiping his tears before feeling something yanking him back. Rob gasped and trembled,afraid someone was going to hurt him. Yet,none of the sort happened,he felt the arms of Julius. The cyclops looked down at the bomb,shocked yet relieved.
"Easy there,rob" Julius sternly said,his eyes closed. Julius wasn't very good at physogical comfort but can sure as hell bring in a good hug.
Rob stood still before immediately hugging the bomb back,more tars running down his face..he really needed that hug.

"So."

"Who's bones I needa' crack?"