Nothing Happened

After their battle with Gecko Moria and nearly losing four of their friends, the Straw Hats thought they were finally going to catch a break from their long and intense battle but it seemed they were far from being done with their battle. While they were all trying to catch their breath, Nami had remembered that there was in fact another foe on what remained of Thriller Bark, one she hadn’t been able to warn the others about because they had been dealing with Ores and Moria. As she had started to explain that there was in fact another Warlord on the island, her eyes had grown wide with fear and her words no longer wished to leave her  mouth. Her eyes were instead focused on the top of the tower that was still lying on top of an unconscious Moria. 

    “No one must know what happened on Thriller Bark. Destroy everything so that nothing remains and speak of this incident to no one.” A voice spoke from what looked like Transponder Snail, which was resting in the palm of a man who stood as tall as Moria, Bartholomew Kuma. Upon hearing his orders, the tall man slowly turned his attention to the beaten down Straw Hats as he put away the small snail. 

    “I-it’s him… One of the Seven Warlords…” Nami’s soft voice finally managed to speak out as she stared toward the man she had encountered on the Sunny. None of them were in any condition to deal with this man. They were barely standing as it was and Luffy was still completely unconscious. They were really screwed…them and everyone they had saved. 

    “Dammit…we can’t deal with this guy right now…” Sanji growled out as he glared toward Kuma and clenched his jaw tightly. 

    “You guys just stay back…” Zoro suddenly spoke out as he slowly made his way to the front of their remaining crew with his swords drawn. “I’ll handle this…”

    “Be careful, Zoro… He can make someone disappear without even touching them… I saw it when I first encountered him on the Sunny…and he can instantly move from one place to another” Nami warned, but Zoro didn’t seem to hear her. Instead his focus was strictly on the man standing on top of the rubble. While watching him carefully, Kuma slowly started to remove the gloves on his hands while Zoro’s grasp on his sword tightened slightly. In an instant, Kuma disappeared and was suddenly standing on the ground with them, towering over everyone else.

    “W-when did he…!? He’s huge!” One of the other pirates shouted out as they all stared toward Kuma with horrified looks on their faces. Despite them being scared, they still held tightly to their swords and were ready for a fight…until Kuma suddenly brought one of his large hands forward and sent a small group flying without even touching them. Once they were knocked to the ground, the Warlord disappeared again, only to reappear in front of the group once more.

    “I’ll start with you…” Kuma spoke toward Zoro, who didn’t seem phased by it. Instead he continued to stand his ground despite being battered and beaten. 

    “You heard him…he’s after me… Get going.” Zoro spoke lowly without moving from the place  he stood. Sure this was insane, but if he could buy the others time to get away, then he was fine with that. While continuing to stand his ground, Zoro now had a grasp on two of his swords and got into his stance. “Rashoumon!” He suddenly shouted out before making his first move. Sure the green haired swordsman was fast, but Kuma moved quicker. Zoro’s blades sliced through the rocks that had been behind Kuma instead of actually hitting the man himself. However, Kuma was quick to strike back, towering over Zoro as he tried to crush the man with the palm of his hand, but luckily Zoro had moved out of the way quickly. For a moment, they continued to exchange attacks, Zoro mostly having to dodge to avoid getting hit by weird paw shaped things. However, he almost hadn’t moved fast enough and one of the attacks ended up grazing his head, yet he still stood. They hadn’t even been fighting for very long but Zoro was already panting hard, however that didn’t mean he was ready to give up the fight yet. Clenching his teeth tightly, he got himself into another stance to launch his second attack.