Chapter 2

" Get up"

Tall paw heard a familiar voice call out right in front of him as he rusted awake, keeping his eyes shrouded and tired. Tall paw had always woken up at dawn as a kit by being told to was way too much for him plus he didn't get to sleep early enough that night since he and Pale paw were busy discussing on what they think will learn today and had been aware for way too long despite knowing very well they would waking up early. Tall paw had enjoyed being mischievous with Pale paw when they were kits and it seemed as if their bond would remain that way.

" Wake up!" Breeze Claw hissed. Tall paw got startled and jolted awake in fright. She must be in a hurry!.
" I have a place to be after training you so get up!" Breeze Claw hissed.

I wonder where! She probably has warrior duties or something. " wake up your sister and meet us at the camp entrance" Breeze Claw then trailed off past the apprentice den.
Great! Now I have to wake up stubborn pale paw too! Tall paw grunted before stalking towards pale paw and prodding his black paw at her shoulder.

Pale paw groaned and turned away in frustration. " Go back to sleep mouse dung!.." She hissed quietly as she curled her tail around her, not budging.
" Pale paw it's our first day of training, you have to get up!" Tall paw growled.

Just then an orange ginger tabby tom walked near the den and saw what was going one.
" Pale paw you mouse heart! Get up right this instance!!" FireMask sneered.
With that pale paw shot up alarmed to hear her angry mentor and let out a nervous apologetic chuckle before crouching to her paws and padding out of the den.

Tall paw was still very weary and wasn't even sure if he would be able to walk without plunging down to his paws and falling asleep right then and there.

Reluctantly he and Pale paw managed to follow FireMask towards the camp entrance where Breeze Claw was grooming herself.
" About time" The Molly announced before stepping up onto her paws and walking out of the entrance along with FireMask. Pale paw and Tall paw had to fasten their pace in order to keep up with the two Warriors whom were wide awake as if it were sun high.

***

Wait.. This isn't the direction to training grounded! It's a clearing next to owlclan's river and an owl tree! Why are we in the tall grass? Tall paw wondered. Had swift stalk and Cougar tree mis informed them? He looked at Pale paw who seemed quite confused.

" Aren't our training grounds next to river?" Tall paw mutured and luckily on Pale paw heard him. " I suppose so.. Unless it's a different hunting ground since we didn't get to clear the whole territory" Pale paw guessed, it actually sounded quite true.

Tall paw planned that he would amaze Breeze Claw by telling her all the knowledge he already knew about hunting and owlclan but right now the air was way too quiet and she probably didn't really want to known about what he already knew and wanted to teach him what he didn't.

***

They finally arrived at a small clearing that had tall grass surrounding it and acting as a barrier. Tall paw plunged to the ground in exhaustion as Pale paw let out a giggle, her gaze pointed at his ear tip.

Tall paw managed to draw his pupils back to face the tip of his ear and saw a familiar black spotted red insect known as a lady bug which he was terrified of ever since he were a kit. Tall paw let out a horrified screech before swinging an unsheathed paw at his ear and let out a relived sigh when it finally flew away. Wow great job Tall paw! You made yourself look like a complete mouse heart and fool i front of two of the fiercest cats in Owlclan! Tall paw felt like such a mouse brain.

" stop that foolishness and get over here!" Breeze Claw hissed. He and Pale paw quickly rushed towards Breeze Claw and FireMask quickly.

Just at that moment Tall paw decided to burst out with questions just as he did with swift Stalk and Cougar tree. He was way too excited to finally begin his actual training.
" Are we going to hunt? We will eat our own prey? Back in the nursery we got first picks to everything! Will we still do that even though we are apprentices? Only when we you reward us? Reward us for what_"