× One way home × Chapter 15.

The cave

●•●•●•●

All the kids murmured and mumbled to each other before quickly cowering back to their homes.

The person the voice belonged to strolled towards the pair and stared down at them. She looked very disappointed and mad.

" Vin, you better have a good story made up this time! " Her voice boomed in Harriets ears as she quickly took a hold of Vin's arm.

" We were dancing and having fun! It is Harriets last day here before Heaven, she deserves to have fun here, Queen. " Vin said to the tall lady, his eyes widening after he realized how much he talked back to her.

" Oh, is it her last day now? The portal opens today, yes? The next time it will open is in 10 months. What if you stay here till that? " She asked giving an innocent looking smile. Harriet slowly lowered her head.

Vin apologized to the Queen and begged her to let Harriet go to Heaven, but she forbid it. Vin took Harriet and brought her back to their bedroom. Harriet kept looking down at her feet as Vin tried to get her to look up.

Soon Harriet hugged Vin tight and started sobbing. Vin hugged her back in surprise, but started shushing her. Of course, it might not work but it was worth a shot.

" I-I'm sorry I got you stuck into this mess.. " Harriet said slowly between hiccups and sobs. Vin looked at her puffy tear-filled eyes and wiped the dropping tears away.

" It's alright! I volunteered to do this! Remember that day I saved you in that forest? I knew you had been walking around the realm, and I wanted to help but I couldn't. " Vin said starting to tear up himself.

" You.. knew I was there? All that time..? " She asked confused, yet worried, since she had never seen Vin cry or tear up.

Vin nodded and smiled after, wiping his wet eyes to look normal. They still were a bit puffy nd red especially from the rubbing, but now he didn't look like he was on the very verge of crying.

" I kind of.. ran out the village a few months ago and started living on my own in the Snow realm. It is such a peaceful place that after a while you do know if someone is there or not. " Vin said slowly, so Harriet wouldn't panic.

Harriet started hugging Vin, kind of glad that she met him like she did. If he didn't save her that day, she would probably be bear food.

If Vin never took her in, she would still be freezing and walking in the endless realm.

If Vin never helped her and became her friend, she would be alone all over again.

" Thank you, Vin. You have no idea how much you have done for me. " Harriet said while burying her face deeper into Vin's neck.

" That's the duty I wanted to fill, princess. I wanted to actually help someone in need. Not just some villager. " Vin said rubbing circles in Harriet's back.

●•●•●•●

End of Chapter 15.

Word count: 517

A/N - Woah- this took long to make,I am so sorry. Also writing this in history class while talking with my friend isn't easy. Hope you guys have a lovely weekend!

Bunny is hopping out <3