One

You could feel the adrenaline rushing through your bones. Your feet moved quickly against the ground as you approached the target building. The rain mixed the mud and acted as an ally which hid your steps.

Your hands held your gun tightly as you ran, your fingers ready near the trigger. Light footsteps could be heard behind you, which you recognized as your partner Soap's.

"Sergeant, we're approaching the building now." Soap spoke into his com. He ran next to you and stopped near a large tree to check the outside. You crouched in the grass near him while he used his thermal scope to count the enemies outside of the building. You sat in silence waiting for his feedback.

"I count two by the door, and there are a few outliers towards the back. If we pick off of the strays, it would be easier for us to take out the guards at the door." Soap whispered to you. He handed you the gun so you could see where the soldiers were. You counted seven people, five on their own, and the two by the door.

"I can take the two on the right, and if needed I can help you take out the other three." You said, handing him his gun.

"Nah, I think I'll be fine. It's dark out here anyways." Soap replied as he took his gun back.

You two started to slowly make your way up to the house. It was located in a field with tall grass, near mountains. You had been dropped off by a helicopter about two miles away. Your target was a man who was in charge of selling weapons to large groups. He had people inside the army and was an ally to terrorists.

Your mission was to get him back to the base, where he would be interrogated and used for intel.

You and Soap split up, making your way to the sides of the house. The rain, high grass, and the pitch black sky was providing you with great cover, and you were able to sneak by without being caught.

You put your gun into its holster on your back, and pulled out your combat knife. Shooting would alert the guards and everyone in the house, so you decided to go the safer and quieter way.

The guard you approached was a tall, muscular man. He held an M16 and had on a white suit. His glasses concealed his face, and you couldn't tell where he was looking. The man was whistling and you assumed he was looking at the stars, unaware of your presence. You snuck up behind him and used your toes to reach his mouth. Your hand covered his mouth and your other hand swiftly used your knife to slit his throat. You held his mouth as he slowly fell to the ground, your face falling into a grimace at the amount of blood that was covering your hands. You noticed a walkie-talkie in the man's pocket, and attached it onto your belt.

You could hear the light thus of bodies dropping as Soap silently took out his three guards. The last one was yours, and you swiftly approached him, kicking him onto his knees before stabbing your knife through his skull. You had gotten used to the crunching sound of the knife moving through the bones. You pulled your knife out and kicked his body away and went to go meet up with Soap.

He was on the left wall, waiting for you. He didn't sense your presence, and when he did, his arm shot out to grab your shirt and throw you onto the ground. A grunt escaped your lips as you glared at him. Soap's glare turned into a relieved expression, and he quietly apologized to you and helped you up.

The last two guards were near the door. They held both held a Kastov 762 and had white suits on, however you could clearly see the armor up under their tops. You and Soap kept out your knives and stayed close to the walls. The only light was at the door, so the two guards wouldn't be able to catch you two until you got close. Soap left you to go onto the other side of the building, and you waited for his signal to engage.

"Soap what's your status?" You whispered into your com. It was taking him quite a while to get to the other side.

"I'm almost there. Fuck, it's pishin' it doon out here." He replied. You chuckled at his Scottish slang, getting used to it and starting to understand some of it.

After a few more moments Soap gave you the signal to engage, and you crept up onto the guards. You kept near the bushes and the wall and made sure your steps were quiet.

You were now at the feet of the guard, waiting for Soap to grab his guard. You heard a yelp come from one of the men and quickly grabbed the arm of the guard closest to you and pulled him into the bushes. You kicked his gun away and straddled him.

His arm reached up to grab you but you rammed it against the wall and broke it against the concrete. Before he could scream in agony he was met with a knife in between his eyes. His hand fell to his side as the life drained from him. You sighed and sat there for a moment.

"You alright there?" Soap asked, coming behind you. You nodded and yanked your knife out of the guard, then stood up and turned around to face Soap. He gave you a smile and nodded his head towards the door.

"We should inform the Sergeant first. In case we need back up."

There was a small group hidden in the mountains a few meters back. They arrived a little while after you and Soap got there, and were on standby in case something unexpected happened.

"You're right. I'll check in with him." You said, before leaning into your shoulder to talk into your com. "Sergeant Price?" You asked. You were met with silence for a few moments before you heard a feint "This is Price, what's your status?"

You informed him of your actions and let him know you were about to enter the building. He gave you the 'ok' and you and Soap took out your weapons. It was a one story house and wasn't too large, so there shouldn't be that many people in there.

Just to be sure, you took out your heartbeat monitor and checked to see. You counted 10 on the left side of the house, all seemed to be scattered in the rooms, and five in the main area.

Soap suggested throwing in a gas and smoke bomb in, and you two put on your masks to prevent being affected. The gas bomb would keep the enemies occupied, and the smoke bomb would prevent them from seeing you. Soap pulled out one of each and told you to get ready.

He cracked open the door and threw them both in, which alerted the people in the room. He closed the door and pulled out his gun and nodded at you before slamming open the door. There were a lot of yells and coughs coming from the men inside. You and Soap shot the men inside the room and checked each one to see if they were your target. After confirming that they weren't the man you were looking for, you two headed towards the hallway, where men were spilling out of their rooms.

They were met with the smoke and gas, which caught them off guard. You and Soap peeked your guns into the hallways and began shooting at the men inside. Some retreated into their rooms to grab their guns, to which you received fire from them.

A bullet grazed your arm which made you yelp in pain. You quickly hid behind the wall to observe the damage, and was met with a bleeding arm which didn't look too bad. Soap was still shooting at the enemies and you couldn't leave him to do all the work. You peeked back over the corner and started shooting again, taking out of the rest of the men firing at you.

Soap quickly walked down the hallway, his eye looking through his scope and his finger on his trigger. You trailed right behind him and cleared the rooms. You were met with a locked room at the end of the hallway, and kicked the door in. Inside was a man huddled in a corner.

"Please! Don't hurt me!" He yelled. You and soap looked at each other in confusion. Was this the man that was in charge of these dangerous groups? You shrugged your shoulders and Soap made his way towards the man.

He forcefully grabbed the man's wrists and bonded them together, and placed a bag over his head. "You're coming with us," he said, pushing the man out the room. You grabbed your communicator and pressed a button.

"Sergeant Price? We got him."