Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Caiden's POV

Hugo was able to get me down in the ring, but not for long, the crowd went crazy, which made me want to draw out the tension even longer.

I slam up against the fence and hear the rattling of the ring, I let out a small grunt, but a painful one as I feel a couple of my ribs almost break.

"Get back up!" Somebody yells, and the voice sends shivers down my spine and my heart picks up speed.

I no longer felt like I had the losing hand, as the voice that spoke up directly behind me gave me a newfound courage I didn't know existed.

I pick myself up, my leg muscles straining with the effort, but I succeed as I stand straight up and turn around just in time to lift my hand up instinctively and punch down Hugo that had somehow found the strength to come charging at me.

He falls and the host comes back out, my blood raging with adrenaline and my heart going absolutely wild in my chest.

I turn around and just as the ref had taken my wrist to throw my arm over my head, my eyes meet a dark pair of green eyes, I hadn't seen in a long time.

Those pair of eyes belonged to none other than Ravenlyn.

A woman I had a one-night stand with and who I had never forgotten.

My legs wanted to automatically move towards her, I am unable to look away as her stare holds me in place, every inch of me was alive and on high alert.

I breathe heavily from exhaustion and my who,e body thuds in tune with my heart, the sound seeming to flood my ears as everything else is sucked away from the surrounding area, until it was just us.

We stare at one another, for what seemed like hours, but really it was only mere moments.

A moment I had been wanting to happen forever.

I knew I loved Raven, she had been on my mind and in my heart since day one, but I had also fallen for Marley.

As I spent more time with Marley over the summer and having a secret thing with Raven, it opened my eyes to the kind of woman my fiance is.

Marley is not a good person, she has a vengeful and very hateful heart and she is all for show, however. I wanted Raven, I wanted to choose Raven.

I couldn't, I couldn't say no to Marley and I wish Raven knew why, I wish she understood.

She could never be mine, I am not good for her, she deserves someone like Holten.

Holten Harrison used to be my best friend, until I got into the wrong crowd and grew comfortable there, only when I started to see different was with Raven, but.

We never had any moments, no sweet moments between us and it was all passion and sex, too much desire and not enough feelings, but goddamn were my feelings there.

I really liked Raven and wanted more time with her, if I had more time with her, eventually she could have been mine if she were to truly try to inveil the heart beneath the stone.

I am not easy to love, or even talk to.

But that's because I have such a hard time opening up to people and most never stick around, I am a co-owner with my older brother, half-brother by my father's side, Helga and I are complete blood related siblings.

My older brother is all the way in Washington, but he owns his own business and because he knew I knew how to build and construct, I co-signed a contract and together we run one of the biggest industries in the world.

Almost nobody knows that about me, as I try to keep it hidden, I don't do anything other than fight underground which keeps private from authorities, and instead of sitting behind a desk where I knew I didn't belong, I co-own a business and do what I do best; fight.

"Baby!" Marley screeches behind me.

I tore my eyes around and sever eye contact with Raven, with my heart in my throat I walk out of the back entrance and step down the cold steps towards my wife.

My lips turn up into a smile, even though I know it doesn't reach my eyes and wrap my arms around her, my heart thuds in my chest as if it knew this was a lie.

I didn't love Marley, at one point I convinced myself I was in love with her, but once this summer came to a head and we got married quickly within a couple days of beginning the summer celebrations, it was a lot to take in.

I didn't want to move this fast, but it was all Marley, she wanted to have the wedding that day, she wanted to only have us two there along with Holten, to witness the marriage.

It was a lot to take in.

As I stand there in a congratulatory hug with my wife, those damn dark green eyes won't stop floating across my vision.

Oh, what is a guy to do when he is stuck in life and doesn't have the one person he wants most by his side?

Kick some ass.