( CHAPTER FOUR - THE RUTHLESS KNIGHT )

[ act i - forced to love ]
CHAPTER FOUR
( the ruthless knight )

———— AFTER THE EVENTS IN THE COURTYARD, Rhaelys made her grandmother, Alicent, cancel all of her knitting and motherhood lessons with her nurse Feyra; and instead arrange swordsman sessions with a guard of her choosing

———— AFTER THE EVENTS IN THE COURTYARD, Rhaelys made her grandmother, Alicent, cancel all of her knitting and motherhood lessons with her nurse Feyra; and instead arrange swordsman sessions with a guard of her choosing. Alicent agreed to her granddaughter learning to wield a sword and even choose the trainer, in the circumstances that she has two reading lessons a week.

She first asked for Ser Harwin to be her trainer as she already knew and trusted him, but due to his laziness Strong made an excuse of being retired. So instead he stood next to his biological daughter, looking over a gathering of six knights who were chosen to be the princesses personal guard and swordsman trainer.

"Ser Horjan Kail, your majesty" Otto Hightower spoke from next to her, he then went to explain how he earned his title and who he has relations to.

Rhaelys leant onto the balcony wall, her eyes almost closing from complete boredom, she had almost completely dozed off before a voice from below spoke up "the princess is bored, Ser Hightower" a Knight in the circle shouted up.

Otto was taken back by his bravery to speak up in such terms, Harwin smirked at the knight and Rhaelys was finally awake. She looked down at the knight who spoke, a tall and broad man with his hair shaved on the sides and a long braid in the middle. He had a shabby looking beard for a man who looked only in his late 20s.

"What is your name, knight?" Rhaelys leant further over on the balcony to the man. Her curiosity for his mannerism was widening the minute.

He adjusted his arm to stand further upright to the princess, "Ser Ivar Ironside, your majesty" he answered the princess. Rhaelys noticed his accent, a deep one that she didn't quite know where it was from.

"Where have you fought?" She questioned again, ignoring Otto's groans from already disliking the knight.

"step stones mainly, they call the me 'the ruthless knight', princess" Ivar held his head high when recalling past wars and battles he won.

Rhaelys smiled to him, the idea of being taught how to fight by a knight known as 'Ruthless' brought a spark into the princess' eye. She turned to Otto and Harwin who stood near her, both having different expressions on the situation, "I chose Ser Ivar Ironside, Otto" Rhaelys told him with a smirk on her face.

She turned back to Ivar with a smile, seeing his smirk too before bowing his head to her and watched her leave. Harwin chuckled at Otto's expression once the princess left, "she put you in your place, Hightower" he grinned before too leaving the balcony.

Her blue dress trailed behind Rhaelys as ran down the halls of the castle, she was on her search for the queen, to tell her the news before Ser Otto did. "Rhaelys!" Alicent's voice shouted from behind her, "How many times have i told you to not run?" she laughed as her granddaughter now ran towards her instead.