Chapter 15

A Servant's Persistence

HUGO was having difficulty how approaching the two with their...Ehm...intimate position. If he will call either of the two, his master will surely kill him. He will surely be either dead or dead. He has no option at all.

He was turned into an accomplice. He's helping his master to take advantage of a young girl! But oddly, he only feels a little guilt. He was hoping that his master finds to find someone he will like. After all, his master has never been interested in any woman before. If a woman flirts with him, he will look at them with despise in his eyes.

He was about to step back when his master suddenly moved. He hummed and slowly sat straight, acting like he was just woken up.

He's really a good actor and a shameless one!

"You slept," Delorah said sounding normal. She doesn't sound offended or awkward.

"I...I didn't notice." Alexander responded with a hoarse voice.

Hugo wanted to scream right now. His master is lying through his teeth! How could he be so pretentious? He's more frustrated that Lady Delorah is believing his master's acts!

"Dinner is ready!" Hugo screamed trying to get their attention. He was screaming because he was frustrated. Why can't his master just admit that he likes her?

Delorah's attention was directed to Hugo who was wearing an apron and holding a ladle.

"Why are you screaming?" Delorah was frowning and wondering why Hugo is acting weird.

"I'm just excited." Hugo was smiling but at the same time, he shivered when he saw his master's glare. "Let's eat."

The two walked out of the living room area. Since the dining table is just right next to it, it didn't take much effort to walk.

They sat and had a feast. Hugo was happily eating. He can already eat with a calm heart. Delorah is no longer angry.

"How about we go out tomorrow? You're done with the reading. We can spend the entire day on the last day of the festival." Alexander said trying again to get the agreement from Delorah.

"Okay." Delorah agreed without any arguments. "I have nothing to do tomorrow so it's fine."

Alexander smiled when he heard what he wanted from earlier. His face is filled with amusement.

"Then it's a deal. I'll sleep here." Alexander said without asking her permission if she agrees.

"No. You two go home after dinner." Delorah rejected Alexander right away.

"I'm your servant. I need to stay here." Alexander responded with a teasing smile on his lips.

His hands holding the fork and knife are very attractive under the beam of the lamp.

At the same time,

Delorah was looking beautiful while frowning. Her skin is glowing like a fairy's. No angle of her looks is less beautiful.

"Stop, you're not my servant anymore. Your free trial has expired." Delorah responded. Weirdly, she turned the Director of Trades into her servant. If the nobles will hear about this, she will be condemned to hell. She shivered just imagining it.

Alexander stared at Delorah with a puppy face which made Hugo almost choke from what he was chewing. He was not prepared for that! It almost cost him his life! How could his master randomly show that...unexpected face?

"It's already late. What if a ghoul will attack me? You're heartless." Alexander acted pitiful and his expression was like he was bullied by some bitch.