Arrival - Pt. One

What unfolded at Delphi spread around the Lost Light like a wildfire. Ratchet, Drift, and Pipes had nearly died from Red Rust, and there were 3 new 'bots on board. The first two, First Aid and Ambulon, you'd heard of – and you'd seen them in the medibay – but you couldn't seem to get your servos on the last 'bot. You'd heard others talking about him, all very surprised, scared, and not too good, but never his name. From the rumors you'd heard however, he was brutal. As soon as he was pulled out of a coma he wasn't expected to wake from, the mech tore a Decepticon in half and crushed the helm of the other in his chassis.

He's clearly a mech capable of overpowering others, you thought, shooting guesses as to who this mystery 3rd 'bot was, and sounds to be absolutely deranged. Or perhaps he isn't good with getting out of bed? The question was answered soon enough.

After stopping in the medibay to visit Ratchet and now the two other medics to see if they needed anything, you'd left to get something they'd requested from somewhere in the cargo bay. While returning, you ran into Ultra Magnus and the other mech from Delphi. He towered over you, a menacing frame armed to the teeth and ready for a good fight. He stood alongside Ultra Magnus, matching his height. It seemed he barely noticed you staring up at him, jaw dropped and optics wide, until the second-in-command pointed you out.

"Hello, [Y/N]. This is Fortress Maximus, from Delphi if you weren't aware, I'm showing him around the Lost Light," He gestured towards Fortress Maximus, you shut your jaw and gave him a weary smile.

Of course, you knew who Fortress Maximus was! An Autobot legend who killed thousands at Simanzi, a warden at Garrus 9, and after the riot and Overlord taking over, you thought he was dead! Injuries beyond imaginable, killed at the prison, you couldn't recall. But he was supposed to be dead!

"It's, um, good to - it's an honor - to meet you, Fortress Maximus. I, um, hope you enjoy your stay on the ship," You greet him through a shaky voice, then moving to the side of the hall to let the two huge mechs pass. When they passed, you looked over your shoulder to check once more that you were seeing everything right. Fortress Maximus is on the Lost Light.

The rest of the walk back to the medibay was pretty eventful – inside your own head, at least. Thoughts were whirring through it about what just happened.

"You never told me Fortress Maximus was the 3rd mech from Delphi!" You exclaimed while entering the medibay, "That's some pretty big news. I thought he was dead!"

"He was transferred to Delphi after G9 in an eternal coma." Replied Ambulon.

"You didn't see him at the medal ceremony? It's, uh, pretty hard to miss him," Ratchet said. You only shrugged, setting down what the medics had requested on an empty berth in the room.

"Is he- Is he alright?" You ask, Ratchet lets out a sigh.

"[Y/N], you know what happened to him at G9. Everyone does. Tailgate does. No 'bot or 'con or whoever – no matter how big and strong they appear – is "alright" after that." He replied, rummaging through the crate you'd brought in. He was right, completely right. You didn't expect anything else.

"I know. I just- I don't know. I just can't even grasp the fact that happened- that he's alive. Never mind the amount of pain he's going through right now," Ratchet nodded to your response.

Eventually, you left the medibay, giving the medics a wave. Fortress Maximus continued to tug at your spark. Even after 4 million years of war – 4 million years of atrocities – it wasn't something you were going to be used to hearing about. If anything, you were glad that you were still disturbed by it- that the torture and slaughter wasn't something completely normalized in your mind. Despite the mech being a famed Autobot for Simanzi, you didn't actually know much about him. You'd heard about Fortress Maximus' achievements, but not about the minor things. He could've been a complete bolthead who's been romanticized by all of the stories told about him for all you knew.

You kind of wanted to get to know him. Ultra Magnus or Rodimus or Perceptor or many others on the Lost Light had done extremely admirable things during the war; they were all "heroes", and you knew what kind of 'bots they all were. Magnus was all by the books, Rodimus was a bit of a rebel, Fortress Maximus, however, was a mystery to you. He'd killed thousands, and then the last thing you heard about was his death at Garrus 9, and even that wasn't true. You weren't sure about how to greet him though.  You'd like it to be simple and be able to greet him, but you needed a reason. Eventually, you decided on a welcoming gift. Nothing overwhelming- just a package of energon sticks you'd purchased long ago.

After looking around for about a mega-cycle, you eventually found Fortress Maximus' hab suite. You'd manage to bury your anxiety during the time searching. Hopefully he was inside. You rapped at the door, the mech coming to it about a klik later. When he opened it, he'd looked down at you with his usual piercing, red optics and stern look on his face.

"I don't mean to bother you, but I just figured I'd give you a welcoming gift to the Lost Light," You said, sticking the package out towards Fortress Maximus. He took it into his much larger servo. He had a more confused expression on his face now. 

"If you're not busy," You started, "May I come in for a bit?" 

~ 11/7/22

A/N - Sorry for the change up in order, I figured I'd try to keep it as chronological. I may add numbers to the chapters to prevent further mix-up. Also- I'm going to try to keep a steady update schedule, but chapter ideas would be very helpful! I would've liked to made this a complete chapter, but I wrote this late at night and have an early morning, so I won't be able to finish.❤