Chapter Four

Adam

Fuck this. There was no way that she was going to make me feel like shit for what I said. But here I am, feeling like shit.

I sat in a dimly lit booth with a simple glass of whiskey for my drink. In all honesty, I want to do nothing but sleep in my bed right now, but of course I chose to follow her here. She was across the other side of the room, loudly laughing with a couple of her friends from school.

"Mind if I sit with you? All the booths are taken." A blond girl with a rather short and tightening black dress stood in front of me, blocking the view of who I came here to watch over. I shrug, a noise coming from the back of my throat. "I guess."

"Thanks."

I nod, tilting my head to see past her.
Evelyn was downing a shot, instantly spitting it back out and coughing like a mad women. I smile, taking a sip from my glass. "So what's your name?"

"What?"

The women laughs, trying to move her body around seductively. How irritating. "You're funny."

"You're weird." I replied, resting my foot on my other knee as I whip out my phone from my pocket, scrolling through it. "I'm Renee." Her manicured hand gets outstretched towards me and I frown, moving along the love seat couch. "Please refrain from talking to me, Rachel. I already have a headache and I surely don't need another one."

"It's Renee."

"That's what I said."

"You said Rachel."

"Okay, Riley."

"Renee."

"Fuck off already." I sigh, resting my head back against the plush headrest behind me. I rubbed my temple and forehead, trying to get my painfully thumping headache under control. "I'm not leaving you alone till you tell me your name."

I slowly peel my eyes open, my view looking over to Evelyn's booth once again but this time our gazes meet each other and we remain that way for awhile.
I watch as her eyes shifts to the attention seeker that seemed to have moved a tad closer to me. Evelyn then looks back at me, then back at her, then finally back at me.

She's your best friends sister. A family friend. Practically your own sister.

With my gaze still interlocked with hers, I place my glass onto the table in front of me before leaning back against the couch. "So, you gonna tell me your nam—"

Rolling my eyes, I grip onto the bimbos chin, bringing her face to mine and crashing my lips against her heavily glossed lips. God, it's like I'm kissing with fucking lube. We continue to make out for a few seconds before I teared the women off of me, wiping away her lipgloss that had transferred to mine. "Wow. You're so good at kissing."

"Yeah, and you're not. Now fuck off." I bring my phone back out, continuing what I had been doing before I look up past my phone towards her direction again and oh god was that a mistake.

She stared back at me, hurt.

••

Evelyn