Labyrinth of Life

There I was, spending time with my friends on the last day of school. Every one of my friends had a great time. We were all really happy to know that we don't have to stress out about school work for at least 2 months.

Oh right. Let me introduce myself.

I'm Harumi Inoue Nakano, a teenager, and a part of the Nakano Family/Clan. I'm a person with different personalities; I'm not sure how many, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot. 

Summer time is always fun, but sometimes, it's one of those times wherein we would start to miss each other and hope that summer would end soon. I know, I don't understand that logic either, but even so, I think everyone feels that way every now and then.

My summer was kind of different from the rest of the summers I've had. It was terrible at one point, but also happy at another one.

It was the end of March, I had nothing to do but to spend time online and chat with my friends from Usagi Moon Clan, also known as UMC.

UMC's a great place, it's where I hang out all the time, but ever since the page got deleted once, everything started to fall apart. We had a lot of fights and events that eventually led to something weird yet fun. That's also where I met my first boyfriend, but ended up breaking up with him around April 2---exactly his birthday. 

I know. I'm cruel, but I just had to. He had broken my heart already, but I decided to give him a chance.

He broke it once again, and I decided to give him another chance, until I finally felt nothing and just broke up with him completely.

It hurts. A lot. But I know I should act brave and all that.

Around April, I found a new group of people who loves to Roleplay and has group members that are really active. I decided to join in and I eventually found out that my friend from UMC, Kuro, is a part of that group. 

Terra Incognita Society or TenSo is a wonderful RP Group. Its members are all experienced and they even have a website of their own. I had a lot of fun there and was really serious about getting inside. They had this 'training system' wherein you had to introduce yourself to the official members, get to know them better, and take their test that will last for at least an hour or so. It was really fun and awesome, I was glad that I decided to join their Tinychat Orientation.

After a few days, I met a guy online who I knew was also a person who was working hard to be an 'Insider' of that group. His name was written in Katakana which is pretty much hard for other people to read. He messaged me about something, but I was in the middle of reporting to an Insider, and the number one rule of the reporting thing was to 'Never chat with anyone else while you're in the middle of a report.', so I had no choice but to ignore his message. 

After the Reporting, I checked the message to see him talking about stuff. That's where it started.

I wasn't really into chatting with strangers that much, I don't know why.

We were talking about simple things and it was enough to actually occupy my boring time.

Days passed, and the President of TenSo invited us to another Tinychat conversation. I was pretty nervous since like, he did mention that if I pass his report, I get plus 5 or so, but if I don't, he's going to deduct points from my other reports. It was terrifying, but I still went for it.

In the end, I wasn't able to pass his test, but he did tell me that he won't deduct points from me since my answers were really great.

I believed in what they call 'batch unity', wherein you would have to believe that you and your batchmates will help each other to reach one goal and finally become an Insider, all at the same time.

After the sudden report, the president told the other guy and I that we both have the qualities to become a Batch Leader.

I was surprised. Me? A batch leader? Oh, heck no.. I don't think I can do that and take all the pressure. I'm only 13, guys!

I told the president that I would like the other guy to take that certain role, they both asked me why, and I said that I am too young to be a batch leader. I don't think I can handle all the responsibility, to be honest.

I know I can handle a lot of things, and I'm pretty serious when it comes to reports, but no. I really can't. I'm afraid.

The president kept telling me that age doesn't matter and all, but I really refused to 'compete' against the other guy. Besides, he seemed responsible enough to be our batch leader.

After a little while, it seems like someone messaged me on Facebook.

Oh? It's him? Why doesn't he just message me on Tinychat where the three of us are chatting? Is he going to say something private? Hah, I guess so.

" You're 13? "

" … "

Does it seem a bit surprising to know that a girl like me is 13 years old…?

" Uh, yup. "

" … I actually thought you were 18. "

" lol what. No, I'm not, but I get that a lot. "

It's true. Except for that 'a lot' part. I mean, I get it all the time.

He asked me why I don't want to be the batch leader, and like I told the both of them on the other chat, I'm just really too young. I don't think I can handle all those responsibilities even if it's just for a little while.

He finally agreed. Thank goodness!

He said that he would take the role just because I backed off. Well, I didn't really back off, I just.. don't want to, okaaaay ?

The Tinychat conversation is finally over. We have a batch leader, and his name is written in Katakana. 

" … R-ri--- uh.. Ri..n? ku…?? リンク? " [Rinku]

Ah, Link. I get it now. It's that guy from that game with different series, Zelda. 

I remember playing that game, I wasn't able to finish it though.

Well okay, I guess we now have a batch leader whose name is Link.

We actually ended up chatting together until midnight, I'm not so sure why, but I guess we both didn't notice the time.

It was fun chatting with him, but it made me feel very young whenever he called me a 'kid'. How odd. Is he that old?