Broken.

PROLOGUE
As I sit I comfort myself in the lyrics. The lyrics are so replenishing, I can almost feel every word. One thing I learned in this cruel world is to let go of your enemy and take on the devil. The devil is me. I am my worst enemy and I let myself slip. I am....was a human. Now I'm just...a limp soul. Nothing in my life will ever complete me. As me trying to fight for what's right, it tends to feel a bit wrong sometimes.

CHAPTER 1
"Jase leave us be. We are fine here." I said to Jase. Me and Alexis were trying to have girl talk but Jase was in the way. "Anyway what's been going on with Nathan?" I asked Alexis. It took Alexis some time to answer back. I didn't want to beat the answer out of her. "Me and Nathan are going good very very very good," she paused. " we had sex in my room just yesterday." Alexis said blankly. I stared at her with utter shock. I had to find he right words to fit the situation I was about to make a big deal of. " ALEXIS YOU ARE 17. You had sex with Nathan for the first time, and you don't even care..." I said to Alexis, I got up and left the table.

On the way home I drove a long and slow drive home. I need to breath...I needed to take the pain I always felt away. My name is Hazel. But everybody calls me Haze. I feel stupid. I feel broken. I'm not supposed to be here today. But here goes nothing...

CHAPTER 2
There he is. I stepped out of my car and
felt the humid air hit my face. " Why'd you come here?" Emmit said. Emmit is the only boy I've come love. He kept me going in life and he helped me reach for things I'm too short to reach for. He's my savior. " I'm sorry Emmit but I want to talk to you" I said. "Hazel , what we had is long gone. I love you, but I bit you and turned you and made your life living shit." he said. " I know but im willing to live the shit with you" I rasped out. I couldn't find the air in my lungs anymore. I turned ever so slowly. " STOP!" he ran forward as fast as he could then it all disappeared. It was a dream, all of it was a dream. I woke up and looked out my window and I dreamt for some type of romance. I never get anything new in my life like ever. I was so shallow after my sister was murdered. She was half of me and someone took and killed her. My sister name was Darla, my mom name is Candice. Now that my sister is gone it's just me and my mom. I showered and got dressed. I walked down stairs and saw my mom sitting at the table and I didnt bother to look at her. She told me once that I reminded her of Darla. I kissed her on her forehead and whispered " Have a good day and don't fall into the pit of souls again." I got into my car and pulled up at school. I saw a new shiny mustang pull up next to me. I got out of my car and saw the most beautiful boy I have ever seen. He looked so twisted and wicked. But underneath that blonde hair with bright blue eyes I failed to care. He caught me staring and stared back. I didn't smile or say hello and neither did he.

Such a beautiful boy. I wonder what he thinks of me. I thought to myself for a second...

No he probably won't even talk to you chubby! Your so fat he probably thinks you'll smother him to death!

I looked away and started to walk. I sometimes let my insecurities get in the way to where I was artificially blind to realize I was skinny as hell. I turned to look back and got shitless scared. I saw wicked boy behind me staring at me. I abruptly stopped walking and turned to him and said "Are you....following me?" He got lower to my face and grinned hard. " What a beautiful face, " he said. Then he said " My name is Zephyr. What's yours?" I was so stunned at

how beautiful this boy was. I stuttered out "Uh...uh my name...my name is Hazel. But everybody calls me Haze." I was so freaking nervous I almost shitted myself. " Well, see you around beauty." He winked and left.

CHAPTER 3
English class was so boring I wanted to shoot myself. Mr. Berry kept talking about how he found a new girlfriend. I felt happy for him that he found at least someone. I gathered my belongings and was headed to AP Calculus. I walked into the class and looked up for a second to make sure I wasn't going to bump into anyone. Then I suddenly froze. There he was. Zephyr was sitting in my seat and I didn't care at all. He looked up and stared straight at me. I heard his voice in my head talking and that's when I freaked out.

Hey beauty. I can read your thoughts and you seem happy to see me. I'm sorry I'm sitting in your seat though.

I felt comfortable enough to reply back.

No no, it's okay. Anyway how are you able to read my thoughts?! Your a wicked boy aren't you? Anyway class is about to start so we can finish this convo at lunch if needs be.

I sat at a free desk and stared at that beautiful boy.

CHAPTER 4
" Wait up Hazel!" I turned only to find Alexis and Jase running towards me. Alexis broke the ice and spoke first saying " I'm sorry I didnt tell you about me and Nathan sooner. But at least I told you!" That was so true. I replied back blankly " Well your right about that. But guess what! It's this wickedly beautiful boy that I think is into me!!!! He is so cute and sleek that you couldn't miss him!" Jase groaned in desperation from hearing about Zephyr. Alexis streaked and walked to the cafeteria with me. Alexis, Jase and I, all sat down. I opened my salad and picked at it. Alexis stopped eating and looked towards the cafeteria door. She said " Omg lord have the mercy on my soul. That boy is beyond cute he's just...he's SEXY!". I turned to see that it was Zephyr heading my way. He got into my head and read my thoughts. Again. He started talking to me.

Hey beauty. You look beautiful. I like you. I want to get to know you but I'm afraid you'll get scared when you know the real me.

I was a bit touched by this boy. I watched Zephyr walk over looking sexy as ever.

CHAPTER 5
Zephyr bent down and whispered in my ear "je serais ravi de te baiser téméraire." I looked in his eyes and said "Your a wicked bastard. But I like it." I had no idea what he said but I knew it was a light shining in on my darkness. I feel like someone notices me for the first time in 4 years. It's felt so good. I want to be someone that is severely known and not just Alexis' shadow. Jase asked Zephyr a question "Hey bro, don't just walk up on my lil sis like that and think she just gon be cool wit it!" At that moment I tensed up. Jase was like my older brother and he always looked out for me. Zephyr darted his eyes to Jase and looked awkwardly pissed. Zephyr said "She is mine not yours. You understand?". I was slightly creeped out but then again I felt joy playing with my nerves. "Umm, woah...guys chill out there. Zephyr I'm not your girl...but....Jase chill out, he's a cool friend. Alexis and Jase this is Zephyr. Zephyr this is Alexis and Jase." Zephyr replied meekly " Hello Alexis and Jase." Jase's name sounded very dirty on Zephyrs lips. Jase chimed in and said "Well wicked boy, where you from?" I turned slightly and looked at wicked boy with interest. Wicked boy stated "I'm from Orlando. But my mom decided to move us to Miami for a bit of a change. And look who I'm sitting next to, a very pretty girl." I looked at Zephyr and smiled. He smiled back. My heart started to skip beats and go all over the place, I couldn't help it.
Wicked boy taped in on my thoughts. Once again.
Me: I really like this guy.
Zephyr: I'm glad you do already.
Me: What are you?
Zephyr's face fell and he looked away.
Me: Well are you going to tell me?
Me: Zephyr.... hello?
Zephyr scooted the chair back and hurriedly walked out of the cafeteria so fast I didn't even notice. I spoke with pure disappointment "Well that was weird."

Stay tuned for more. If you have any questions you may email me at sadirahillmajett@gmail.com
Thank you so much for reading this book ;)!