~8

I finally close my suitcase which is full to the point of almost bursting. I get up and breathe a sigh of relief :

-Phew ! I thought I would never be able to close it... I say.

Amanda giggles as she tends to my other suitcase. For more than a week she's been coming almost every day after work to help me get ready for the world tour with Michael. We took the opportunity to go to the stores and buy some clothes I would need for this long trip. I pray I'm not overdrawn on my bank account with all the things I had to buy to prepare all this...

-Don't you think we're doing too much ? I asked Amanda, looking at my two big black suitcases full of stuff.

-How many concerts is Mr. Jackson going to do again ? she asked me as an answer.

-More than a hundred I think.

-Yeah, and it will take several months to complete this, even a year maybe ! She replies. Moreover, who says different countries says different climates, therefore it is necessary to have adapted clothes... So no, we don't doing too much !

-I don't go to countries like Greenland either Amanda... I joked. And the tour is done in two parts, we will take a break of several months while the winter passes. I can always replenish my clothing if necessary.

-I know, but as they say, it's better to have too much than not enough ! she answers me. At worst you'll always find stores to do some shopping !

-Stop talking like that, you sound like my mother ! I say amused.

-Admit that without me you wouldn't know what to do sometimes ! she boasts, laughing.

-How is your head feeling ? Not too inflated ? I exclaimed.

-Good as hell !

We both giggle and take the suitcases to the living room. It's only five in the morning. I have to meet the troop at seven o'clock. Seeing the time, I am reassured to see that we still have a lot of time ahead. Now the hardest part is to catch Pearl to put her in her cage so that Amanda can transport her to her home since she will keep her until my return. After almost fifteen minutes of running after her and being bitten and scratched, we finally manage to put her in. As much as this cat is adorable, sometimes she can be horrible !

-Reassure me Rachel, it is not always like that with this... This tiger ? Amanda asks, a little puzzled as she's looking at her.

-It depends on her mood ! I answer with a shrug.

That doesn't reassure Amanda who's looking at Pearl with a suspicious look on her face. I went back to my room to check that I haven't forgotten anything. I take my purse and my jacket and go back to the living room. With Amanda we swallow quickly our breakfast and she insists on making me a small makeover, so that I can be presentable and make some effect to Michael like she says... I throw a pillow in her face as an answer. I brush my teeth, do my hair and my make up quickly. Around quarter to six we put on our jackets and start to take my luggages down to Amanda's car. As I don't have a car she offered to lend me hers. It's a good thing she's here, really ! During our little move we passed one of my neighbors in the stairwell of the building, an old woman who was an early riser and intrigued by the noise we were making, who decided to come and have a look :

-Are you moving, Rachel ? she asked me when she saw my bags, looking a little sad at the idea of me leaving.

-No, I just have to go away for a while for... Personal projects. I answered, not wanting to disclose that I was going on tour with Michael.

-Oh, I see ! You're going to see some lover ? she teases me.

I blush at her question and it's not even worth counting on Amanda to help me...