Chapter 2: Magic Knights Entrance Exam

Timeskip 6 months
It was time for magic knight entrance exams. Asta and Yuno trained for the six months. Asta met the devil inside his grimoire. He learned that the devil was his adopted brother Liebe.Asta learned how to use Liebe's anti magic.He made Kyoka Suigetsu a anti magic blade. Asta also learned of his mother's death at the hands of the devil Lucifero. He vowed to destroy the devil if they crossed paths.

Back to story
Asta and Yuno said goodbye to their family. They made their way to the clover capital. They would go to the arena where the exams was held. They would get in line. Their grimoires would get checked. People would be amazed at Yuno for having a four leaf grimoire.After that they went into the arena.

While waiting for the exam to begin, numerous anti-birds flocked the venue as they pester the examinees whom have low magical powers. However, Yuno stands at the venue while none of these birds try to bother him. In contrast, several birds circled around Asta.

Asta released a little bit of his pressure to scare the birds away.While most of the birds flew away one remained.The bird sat on Asta's shoulder.Asta could sense that it was no ordinary bird. He guessed that it was a human using transformation magic. Asta decided he would not confront the person.

After a few minutes passed all the magic knight captains showed up. William Vangeance introduced himself. Asta could sense two souls within William's body.

"Interesting. It looks like things will be amusing." Asta thought

"Attention examinees." Williams addresses the crowd

The people who were talking amongst themselves got quiet

"Thank you for waiting. I will be administrating this year's exams. "William said before opening his grimoire to use a spell

Magic tree descend"William said Summoning a huge tree.

From the tree's branches came brooms

From the tree's branches came brooms. Evey contestant was given one.

"In just a few moments we will begin the first of the series of test. The nine magic knight captains will be serving as your judges and when the exam is complete we will choose the individuals we want on our squads. If chosen you are in if more then one squad chooses you. You will decide which you would like to join. However if you are not selected for any squad. That means you have been deemed unqualified to join the magic knights.

And now for your test. You must use the brooms you have been given to fly."William

After he said that the examinees used the brooms to fly. Some failed others succeeded. Yuno surprised the examinees and captains by flying the highest with his broom.

"That kid has some talent." Yami said referring to Yuno

"He looks like he will be promising recruit." William

"That kid is not doing anything."Yami points at Asta

The other captains looked at him

They were wondering why he entered the exam if was not gonna put in any effort.