Prologue

Sept. 25, 2026
United States of America

"Well looks like I am finally here after work. "

Charlie said in relief as he was finally before his apartment complex. Currently, it is 8th P.m. for him.

He was entering the building and went to the 2nd floor. He went to his room and lay in bed. As he was beginning to drift to bed, he heard the fire alarm turn on.

RIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG

'WTF IS THERE A FIRE?'

He thought as he was alarmed by it. He quickly decided to leave his room. At the same time, bringing some of his 'important' stuff.

Opening the door he found that the fire already spread to the left hallway, encompassing it. With the right clear, he ran that way.

Seeing that one room was empty, he entered it determined to help the firefighters. But failed to notice that the frying stove was left open with the Gasoline tank used to cook food also unluckily left open. As the gas spread, he continued to fight the flames.

'Shit the fire is too strong.'

He finally began to smell the gas in the air. Alarmed he looked at the stove noticing it was open.

'Fuck I gotta clo-'

He thought as he ran at the stove intending to close it but the gas already reached the flames which ignited it turning Charlie Lang into a charred corpse.

Thus Charlie Lang finally perished from the Earth.

------------------

May You Rest In Peace For the Lord Loves You
Charlie Pratt Lang
Jan 22, 2002, to Sept. 25, 2026
-------------------

For Lang, Time seemed to slow as he reached for the stove his memories from his early childhood to his isolated and history lover teenage years, his introverted college life, and finally enjoying his graduation with his parents and siblings. Which would have brought him to tears if not for the flames consuming him and his body.

His final thoughts were:

'Father... Mother... My siblings... I hope you're safe.'

He then closed his eyes as the room he was in exploded into flames.

Feeling himself wearing some clothing which was impossible he opened his eyes.

His eyes then widened.

"W-what the F-fuck?!"

He stammered as he watched his surroundings and what he was wearing. He was wearing some sort of astronaut's suit specifically from NASA.

'WTF! Where am I? Why the F am I in the ISS of all places?

He thought as he took in his surroundings. He was in what seemed to be the ISS in Space.

But there was not another crew except for him. But it seemed to be orbiting Mars itself rather than Earth.

Exploring it, he found no one surprisingly operating it and it seemed to be suspiciously self-sufficient.

'Why Am I getting SCP Foundation vibes from this place.'

He thought as he explored the place.

Entering the room, he saws what seems to be a large computer system. But suddenly it turned on.

[Computer AI System: AI Turning Active]
[Going Active in 3]

[............... 2]

[......... 1]

[0]

[I am Heckler, the ZECK Class Computer and Guardian of this Space Station]

[Welcome aboard Grand Commander!]

"What?! How!?"

He was shocked that he could not even think.

After finally getting out of his trance, he asked.

"Grand Commander? How?"

"Well, commander you are the one I was programmed to escort and help in his legendary system."

"Escort?!? System???"

He said shocked a what Heckler said.

'That awfully sounds like some of those military system books I read.'

He thought reminiscing about his past.

"Ok, then How do I start it or control it?"

Lang asked in an interrogative tone at the AI.

He already knew not to be shocked at all the ridiculous things occurring to him since he knew that he was supposed to be dead.

"Well, this is how it works."

PROLOGUE END.