chapter 2 | safe

|safe|

"Is she OK?!" My grandmother wailed as she entered the waiting area of the hospital , she looked worried as ever with her long gray hair in a bun . She was an elderly mixed woman in her early sixites .

" I don't have a clue" mumbled Rakim as My grabdmlther  hugged him tight inside of her scrawny arms .

" Everything's gonna be alright Rakim I promise" she whispered to him ,and then a doctor came out with an neutral expression on his face .

"Family of Shay Robyn Fenty?" He called . Immediately the two of them made there way to the tall white man .

"Shay is a survior ..the bullet was so close to her lung that she could've died if she would've moved . So what ever drug or alcohol shay consumed basically saved her life . You will be able to see her now but take it easy on her . Any stress at this point could do damage even though we removed the bullet ."

My grandma and Rakim sighed with relief .

As the doctor led them to my room , Rakim grew more and more nervous .He didn't know if it was the alcohol or the weed that made him feel jittery inside . In all actuality it was his feelings. The ones he had for me.

"Aren't you coming in?" My grandma asked Rakim as he stopped dead in tracks in front of the door. "Uhhhhh yeaaaahhhh"he somehow manages to say . "yeah?boy !" They both chuckled

"Bro I'm starvinggg "I complained "you always nagging" my grandma laughed at me . "soo howws it going ?" Rakim asked me "kimmmm stoppppp you act like im dead come here . nothing has changed dummy"I laughed .

He sat on the hospital bed kicking his shoes on the floor he hugged me "its okay bestfriend " I smiled "I'm fine" I reassured .

"...you sure ?"he asked me uneasliy .

"I'm going to give you two some alone time ..I'll see you in the morning shay" my grandmother said as she kisses my forehead and grabbed her purse .

"Shay I gotta tell you something ...its important and ion know how you gone take -" before Rakim could finish my nurse walked in with my medicine.

"here you go Shay " she handed me two big pills and a bottle of water .

He  sighed , it must be really important because He looked ....weird . I honestly don't know how to describe it .

I took the pills and then gave him my undivided attention . "so what is it " I nudged him in his side .

"ummmm nothing " he said and then put a bullshit ass smile on , when he know damn well I saw straight through it . But I guess he'll tell me when he's ready .

"hmmm ok ...but can you pleaseee stay" I gave him a sadden look . Because I hated hospitals and I definitely did not  want to spend the night in here alone .

"Of course shay" He smiled and got underneath the cover with me , he took his jacket off and faced me .

This was not the first time we shared the same bed . So we both were comfortable and used to it  .But something about it this time felt different ... He wrapped his arms around my waist and tucked me in his arms .

"I love you so much" were the last words I heard before I drifted to sleep

however Rakim was wide awake he was just thinking . thinking about how he couldn't wait until I was his .

I kinda feel like this chapter was shitty :(((((((((

but kim , its pronounced  "keem"
just clearing that up💀🌚

love , Tyai🌝💓