Chapter 2: Truth or Dare

Kaminari's POV

Flashback to last night at 9PM. I was playing truth or dare with Kirishima, Mineta, Bakugo and Sero. Bakugo was yelling most of the time, and skipping all his turns.

"Kaminari, truth or dare?" Mineta asked as my head shot up.

"Huh? Oh, truth." I answered.

Kirishima sighed before saying, "You guys are so unmanly. Just pick dare!"

Mineta thought long and hard. Then, he snapped his fingers.

"Is it true you're dating Jirou?" He questioned, a smirk appearing on his face.

I froze up. Was it that obvious?

"N-No." I lied.

"Tell the truth, Kaminari. We won't judge." Sero said.

"Yeah! Plus, you were the first person I told when I started dating Ashido. So it's only fair." Kirishima explained.

"JUST SPIT IT OUT, IDIOT!" Was all Bakugo said.

I took a few deep breaths.

"Yeah, I am dating her." I admitted.

"See! That wasn't so hard!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Yeah, congrats! I didn't think you would ever get a girlfriend!" Sero applauded.

"Wow, thanks you guys." I said.

I was a bit surprised at the way they reacted. Bakugo didn't say anything, and I wasn't surprised about that. All Mineta did was look at me with a disgusted look.

"Kaminari, why?" Mineta asked, still looking at me with disgust.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, confused.

"Jirou is the ugliest option. Why would you go for her?" Mineta replied.

"WHAT? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY?!" I shouted, angrily.

If it weren't for Kirishima and Sero holding me back, I would have electrocuted him.

"Mineta! Why would you say that?!" Kirishima yelled.

"Cuz it's true. Kaminari, you'll come to your senses sooner or later." He responded, standing up and opening the door.

"WHAT?! COME BACK HERE!" I yelled, reacting for him.

"Just let him go, Kaminari." Sero mumbled, "He's not worth your time."

Kirishima looked at Bakugo, who was trying to process what happened.

"You know, you could have done something." Kirishima stated.

"WHAT?! SHUT THE HELL UP!" Bakugo shouted.

Present Day

"Come on. We have training to do."

To be honest, I didn't know how to feel anymore. I was fine in class, but why was I thinking about last night all of a sudden? I just couldn't believe Mineta would say that! I thought we were friends. Anyway, Jirou followed me, without saying a word. I kinda felt bad for being a jerk to her. It's not like she did anything wrong. It felt like the training lasted forever, and it was a bit awkward because Jirou and I didn't talk to each other that much. I was so relieved when the training ended, and the time started to go faster too! Before I knew it, school was over. Jirou and I usually walked back to the dorms together to do homework, but I didn't see her anywhere. I guess she left without me. Ugh, this is all my fault! Why'd I have to act so clueless and stupid back there?! I rushed to the dorms to look for her. She wasn't in the common room, so I went to her room. Knocking on the door was so scary. It felt like I was knocking a door to my grave. The door opened slowly, and before I could say anything, one of her earphones jacks was shoved into my ear. I shouted in pain, but she pulled me into her room, and slammed the door behind me.

"Why are you here?" She asked, covering her face.

She removed her earphone jack from my ear.

"W-What was that for?!" I shouted, still in a bit pain.

"Answer my question. Why are you here?" She repeated.

"I'm here to apologize. I was being a jerk back there." I confessed.

She crossed her arms.

"Yeah, you were, Denki." She said, "Why were you acting so weird?"

"Uhm, something happened last night w-with my family." I lied.

"Oh! Are you okay?" She questioned.

She sounded so worried and concerned. I felt bad for lying, but I couldn't tell her what really happened last night.

"Yeah, I'm good. Don't worry about it." I responded.

"Alright, wanna do homework together?" She suggested.

"Sure!" I replied, "And please don't put your earphone jack in my ear ever again."

"I'll think about that." She added, "Now, come on."

Alright, things are getting back to normal between us. I can't make the same mistake I did again. And I can never tell her about what Mineta said. I need to make sure Kirishima and Sero don't either.