Chapter 1

Haneoka Meimi had just returned home after being Saint Tail for the night. She wasn't even supposed to have done an extra job but she wanted to see that same sweet smile on her best friend's face. She's so sweet. Meimi knew she could always depend on Mimori Seira but she wanted to do more for the other girl. She wanted to keep on making the girl smile because of the things she does and she wanted to keep Seira happy. She deserves to be happy. Meimi wanted nothing much than to make Seira happy.

Meimi glanced over at her phone, wondering if sending her a text would seem too much. She is my best friend. Meimi decided to go ahead and send the girl a message, wanting Seira to know she was fine.

< I just made it home Seira. > Sent at 2:00 AM.

Meimi didn't expect the girl to actually read her message, expecting the girl to be sleeping.

< I'm glad, Mei-chan. Please rest well. > Sent at 2:01 AM

Meimi smiled at the text.

< Good night darling. > Sent at 2:01 AM

Meimi doesn't remember giving Seira a pet name until she woke up this next morning and reread the conversation between her and Seira.

"Well fuck," she muttered with a small smile on her lips. At the rate I'm going, she's going to know that I love her. Of course, Meimi wanted to tell Seira that she wanted only her but she also wanted to keep her safe.
***
When she arrived at school, she was trying to look for Seira, wanting to know what the girl thought about the pet name. If I wasn't such a coward, we would probably be dating already. When Meimi stopped looking for Seira, that was when she felt gentle hands around one of her arms. "Mei-chan," Seira greeted her. "Good morning," she told the girl and Meimi smiled softly at the girl, knowing that Seira wasn't going to push a conversation unless Meimi pushed it.

Meimi knew she didn't deserve such a patient girl as her best friend and yet, she was happy Seira was as patient as she was. One day. Meimi mused, knowing she definitely wanted to date Seira in the future. I definitely do want to date her. Meimi was honest with what she wanted for herself to herself. She wanted to court Seira and she wanted to have the girl's heart, not knowing she already did.