Alternate Ending

Notes

picks up from the previous "chapter" after "'You really are our everyday Ladybug, Marinette.'"

i think this ending is better, but it's also kinda crackish

- - -

"You really are our everyday Ladybug, Marinette."

Marinette's eyes were starting to droop closed as she let her body and mind relax.

Only, her mind started to relax a little too much and it started to wander.

Wait, said her mind. Did he just call me 'everyday Ladybug'? Hasn't someone else called me that before? Someone else....

"Adrien," she mumbled, as the name popped up from the murky depths of her subconscious.

Chat stiffened.

"What?" he squeaked, then cleared his throat.

Marinette barely took note of this in her current state, but her subconscious was busy solving a thousand piece puzzle and coming up with some scary real conclusions.

Marinette could feel Chat's heartbeat increase given their close proximity and wondered what was wrong, but then her mind connected the dots and she was suddenly very much awake.

"Oh my Fu," she said, sitting up a little straighter as her heartbeat increased.

Chat looked at her with a fearful expression on his face.

"Marinette?" he asked, his voice up an octave or two. "You okay? You just called me―"

Marinette couldn't believe how blind she had been. How blind they both were. His voice was the exact same for crying out loud!

"Adrien," she said, with more confidence than the first time. "You're Adrien Agreste." Marinette sounded like she was in a whole other world. Her mind was spinning from so many realizations at once.

Chat paled and squeaked, effectively giving himself away.

"How did I not see it before?" Marinette asked herself, still in shock from this very recent revelation.

"See what?" Chat tried, but his voice came out higher than normal so a nonchalant approach failed miserably.

"You!" she cried, and searched the room with her eyes, looking for something.

When she seemed to find it, her eyes locked on it and she stared at it for a few moments, looking like she was having a silent argument with whatever 'it' was.

Tikki! Marinette's eyes seemed to say. How've I been so blind?

Tikki looked amused, sitting in her little hiding spot. However, she ignored her chosen's question.

Do you want to tell him? she gestured, asking Marinette what her next move was.

Marinette didn't have time to form a response in her eyes, however, because Chat had followed her gaze and spotted the tiny red creature and froze, his mind taking a few moments to compute.

With a sharp intake of breath, his eyes widened and he looked at Marinette in a new light.

"Marinette," he said, testing the metaphorical water with his metaphorical foot. "You're Ladybug."

- - -

Notes

which ending was your favorite? i wanna know :)