Chapter 2

It had been a week, I knew that, not because I was told, because that's how long it took my sister, Jane. I may be confusing you slightly here reader, so I'll start from the begginnig, just for you... slow... humans.

It was my little sisters first day at school, she was ridiculously excited, especially for something she will come to hate in the future, I thought. I walked her to school, and she jumped, skipped and hopped to school, and if you're wondering about the hop, she needed the toilet desperately.

I took her to her class, and she fit in staight away, I saw her talking with a weird looking kid called Harry, he lifted his hand as if to emphasise a point, and I saw an intricately detailed black ring on the back of his hand. I remembered thinking that it was sooo not fair that a 5 year old could have a tattoo, yet I couldn't, and, was that even legal? Anyway, whilst I was waiting for the teacher to God damn hurry up and sign the late note for Mrs. Robinson, the kid turned round to look at me, and I saw silver flecks in his eyes, they seemed to sparkle...

'There you are dear' said Mrs. Turner. She moved her hand in almost slow motion as she passed me the note, when it almost reached me I snatched it out of her hand and ran to my class, this note may make up for a bit of late time, but Mrs.Robinson was strict.

I reached the door to classroom 11A and took a second to breathe, when I had conrtol of my breath, I knocked politely.

'Yes?' Mrs. Robinson inquired, rather nicely, turning to face the door, 'Oh, it's you Tanya, what's the excuse this time?

'I...erm...I have a note' I was so weak back then.

'Let me see it' she sighed, 'but not if it's another forgery', she looked at me sternly through the thick lensed glasses that sat on the end of her plump nose. She took the note and scanned it, murmering to herself.

'New sister ... reception ... walking ... car broke down ... blah ... blah ... blah ....... signed, Mrs.Turner'

She seemed to acept the note, because she carried on lecturing, I took my seat next to my boyfriend Ryan and whispered to him

'Have a good weekend?'

'Yeah, what about you?'

'Good, Jane's starting school today'

'Co-'

'No talking in my class! Tanya, Ryan, Detentio-'

That was when a piercing scream echoed through the hallways and the classrooms. The room was in a total state of chaos, I ran up to Mrs. Robinson and shreiked hysterically 'I think that was my sister, that sounded like my sister! I need to make sure she's okay!'

'No Tanya, noone is going to check what happened, you are staying here, in lockdown until this sorted out by the teachers.' I could tell that she was trying to keep calm, but there was that note of hysteria in her voice that told me that 11A weren't the only ones panicking.

'I'm leaving to go sort this out' she raised her voice to address the entire class 'Nobody go anywhere' she warned, and she left the room.

I ran to the door, but it was locked, shoot. I rembered that I had ran to the window and slid it open. As I climbed out, someone had said 'Where are you going?' I remember replying

'What do you think, idiot?' and running from the classroom.

**********

I sprinted across the small field to the only classroom with pitch black windows, my sisters classroom. At that point, I had known that whatever bad thing had happened, was still happening, was happening to Jane.

I almost crashed into the icy cold window, and tried to look inside, my hot breath steamed up the glass and as I peered into the dimly lit classroom, I saw my sister on the floor, her blood dried into the carpet around her. I was so shocked that I swear I almost passed out on the spot. The pain of losing Jane pounding against the inside of my head, I burst into tears. Maybe it wasn't real, I'd heard of hallucinations in a state of paranormia. Feeling lightheaded and queasy I looked inside again.

The sight was sickening, sickeningly real, and this time, I noticed something else. That kid, the one with the funny eyes, he was standing over her, with Jane's blood dripping down his face, and soaking into his T-shirt.

I heard several loud bangs against the door, and I looked up to see Mrs. Robinson turn around and run back to 11A to get the spare key from her drawer

"Sugar!" I cursed under my breath, and legged it back to our classroom, knowing I'll never make it back in time.

I ducked under the window as I arrived, breathless, to 11A. Ryan had locked the door and Mrs. Robinson had almost knocked down the door in fury.

"Thanks babe" I whispered as I slid back into the seat next to him. I was thankful on the outside, but on the inside I was dying.