Have Your Back

With the battle of brand supremacy raging over the company, no one knew what to expect as Survivor Series grew closer and closer. 

Even though things were crazy here around NXT, some things didn't change, at all.

My husband, Johnny Gargano, still had the same old enemies and they weren't going anywhere.

The Undisputed Era still had it out for Johnny and with Finn Balor returning, making clear that he was no one's friend, things took a turn of the worse.

Tommaso and Johnny were in the ring together, they just fought in a hard match against The Revival when out of nowhere, The Undisputed Era came out, running like a pack of dogs to attack them.

I was in the locker room watching and I was both upset and angry. I was sick of seeing this happen.

Just when I thought they couldn't be more outnumbered, the prince himself, Finn Balor, came out and joined The Undisputed Era.

Tears formed in my eyes as Johnny was taking one hell of a beating. Finn almost put him on the shelf and I didn't want him getting hurt.

Someone needed to help him and Tommaso. I was ready to run out there myself, but the crowd went ballistic when we all heard, "Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta. SHIELD."

My jaw literally dropped once I saw Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns coming out of the crowd and beating The Undisputed Era and Finn Balor.

It was finally a fair fight and after a moment to recover, Johnny jumped right into the fight. Johnny went straight to Finn Balor and excitement shot right through my body.

I even yelled at the television, "Yeah baby! Show them why they call you Johnny Wrestling!"

The Undisputed Era ended up retreating along with Balor. Tommaso, Johnny, and The Shield was too much for them.

I made sure I was backstage when Johnny came through the curtain and I was still shocked when I saw Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose come back with Johnny and Tommaso.

The first thing I did was pull Johnny into my arms, hugging him tightly.

"Are you okay, Johnny?" I asked frantically. 

Balor almost injured his neck and I was beyond worried that it got hurt again.

Johnny could tell how worried I was and he remained calm as he hugged me, sighing, "Y/N, I'm okay."

Johnny's voice was very calm and reassuring. He wasn't hurt and my worries quickly vanished once I gave him a kiss.

After I let go of Johnny, my attention went to The Shield.

"Thanks for having their backs out there," I said politely.

We all shared a big smile, Tommaso adding, "Yes, we appreciate it."

"Don't worry about it. I've been waiting to get my hands on the Undisputed Era," Dean said eagerly, adding on to it with an evil smile.

"Just wait till Survivor Series, they won't know what hit them," Rollins laughed.

"I can't wait to see it happen," I smiled.

"Thanks, again," Johnny sighed, offering his hand.

Rollins shook Johnny's hand and said, "You're welcome."

Johnny and I went back to his locker room and I immediately became concerned once again. Johnny sat in the chair near his locker and his eyes shut tightly as his hand rubbed the back of his neck.

A sigh of relief filled the room once I began to massage his neck and shoulders.

"Johnny, if you're hurt, you need to tell me," I cried.

Johnny began to groan as I continued to massage him, and he said in a deep voice, "I'm not hurt. I'm just sore, Y/N. You know I wouldn't lie to you."

"I'm sorry if I'm being pushy or anything, you know that I worry," I apologized.

"It's okay. I know that you care, love," Johnny smiled, which lifted my spirit.

We remained silent, my hands still massaging him, but then Johnny sighed, "If anything, I'm still surprised that The Shield of all people came to help us."

"I was shocked too, but thank goodness they did," I said positively.

"They're probably doing it just to make themselves look good for Survivor Series," Johnny groaned.

Johnny and Tommaso are still best friends, but ever since the first time Tommaso actually turned on him, Johnny had trust issues with everyone, except for me.

I could tell that he was skeptical about The Shield, so to brighten the mood, I said, "Well, if they wouldn't have showed up, I would have run out there and kicked all of their asses."

Johnny began to laugh, turning his headed to me as he chuckled, "Oh I know you would. You probably could kick all of their asses."

Johnny took my hand, pulling me around so that I was standing in front of him.

"I'd fight the whole locker room for you, Johnny," I smiled.

Johnny's beautiful brown eyes lit up as he smiled, pulling me towards him and hugging him.

"And I'd do the same for you, baby," Johnny smiled, picking his head up.

My head fell down to his, our lips touching softly. I cradled Johnny's face, smiling as I just couldn't stop kissing him. All of our love for each other smacking into one another.

Johnny stopping kissing me and just stared into my eyes, smiling.

I smiled back, actually chuckling once I stopped holding his face and realized how sweaty he was.

"I love you, Johnny. Now go take a shower, you're super sweaty," I chuckled.

Johnny chuckled as well while he stood up.

"I love you too," Johnny sighed, adding a kiss to my forehead.

I watched closely while Johnny grabbed a towel and as he began to walk away, he turned his head and smiled, "Wanna join me?"

I bit my lip and smiled, "You should know the answer to that."