Prologue

•—•—•—•Present Day•—•—•—•

Michael found himself to be.. well.. bored... this one, particular day... His father, and two other siblings, had finally all reunited after years of torment and death, of suffering and agony... and when returning to the now condemned, yet still somehow functioning Afton household— the very household Michael remembered growing up in— the Sister Location's dead night guard could not help but train his eyes on the photos that lay about the shelves and tables of the house... Photos that Michael, whilst growing up, had been too busy to notice... 'Hey Eggs..' A voice, robotic and metallic sounding, mused in his head.. "Yes Ennard?" Michael questioned out loud as he continued wandering the house, while noticing these... strange pictures.. that he oddly hadn't noticed before, 'Who's the woman in your baby pictures?' Ennard questioned in Michael's head, making Michael stop dead in his tracks. He peered at one of these.. mentioned baby photos.. and stared at the image which laid behind the glass covering of the frame, which was a much older photo. In the image was his father, the male looking to be in his younger years, Michael at the age of what the now eldest son could only describe as being 6 or 7 years of age, baby Chris who looked to be at least 2 or 3 years of age, and... someone new. He slowly drew himself closer to the older photo, narrowing his eyes at the old framed image, and finally seemed to notice a woman in the photo... A woman he had never seen before, with both him and Chris.. Curious, he tried looking for another photo to compare something.. He had never seen that woman before, and needed another photo to test something. He peered over at a slightly more recent looking photo, seeing his 'mother' with them with he was much older, about 13 or 14 years old, and Liz was born... Curiosity took over his entire being after seeing the differences in women in the two framed items, making him pick up the two different photos, and causing him to examine the photos more clearly... As he stared at these photos, he couldn't help but wonder... Who was this woman in the older photos? And why hadn't he noticed them up until now?

Curious as ever, and with Ennard fueling his curiosity more and more by asking questions about the woman, Michael grasped the two different pictures, and took them downstairs, into the basement— where his father was currently fixing up Circus Baby for the millionth time. It seemed Elizabeth had, once again, forgotten that Circus Baby couldn't actually eat the frozen treat that she dispensed from her stomach.. His younger brother, C.C, was sitting on the desk their father worked on, watching their father, and Elizabeth was sat by the desk, in a chair a good foot or two away. His father seemed to hear the eldest child come walking down into the basement, the male allowing himself a moment to turn and glance over at Michael, and smiled, idly waving the screwdriver he held, before going back to work, talking while he worked on fixing the ice cream issue Elizabeth had created. "Hello, Mikey, what brings you here?" The robotically bunny eared man questioned, as Michael allowed himself the moment to glance again at the photos that were grasped a bit tightly in his hands... And finally asked the question that had been on his mind since seeing these photos... "Dad... who's this woman in this picture with me?" Michael questioned. William, the children's father, turned around for a brief, confused moment. He spotted his rotten corpse of an eldest son holding two photos, one that had the children's 'mother' in it, and the other that had... William seemed to look at the two framed photos that his eldest held in his hands, and when he saw the small photo of young Michael and this mystery woman... he began to cry... something that shocked all three children, as they desperately attempted to ask their father if he was okay.

"..I forgot I kept those photos.." William answered meekly— after having taken a few minutes to calm himself down— giving a very weak smile as he slowly walked over to Michael, and took the photo of young Michael, baby Chris, and the mystery woman from his son's hand, tracing over the photo with both a defeated sigh... and a look of absolute adoration etching itself onto his features... "I suppose I owe you three an explanation now.. you were bound to find this sooner or later.." The man answered. William walked over to his desk, Chris quickly scooting over to give his father space, the supposedly 'dead' man leaning back against the wooden table after he set the photo down... "That, Michael.. that wonderful, sweet, amazing woman in you and Chris's much older photo.. is your actual mother.." William answered. He looked at his children, saw their shocked and confused faces, and chuckled. He had Michael sit down on an extra stool he had in the basement, and slowly began to tell them the story... The story of Astraea Schimdt... The first wife of William Afton... and the hidden sister of Clara Afton— Elizabeth's mother. . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
•—•—•Several Long Years Prior•—•—•

Back in high school... when Henry and William were just two teenagers, trying to 'rule the world' together... their school had received two new students. Two sisters. One with hair as dark as night, but in the light of the sun, was actually a brown so dark, it almost looked black— and the other with hair so bright and red, you could truly call her a ginger. One with deep, honeysuckle eyes— eyes such a deep honey, that when hit directly with sunlight, changed and shifted into such a beautiful color, you could almost claim the color to be that of a fiery orange flame— the other with slightly dark, piercing, almost glowing emerald eyes. William, as a child and growing teenager, had always thought he would never truly fall in love. He thought his mother would marry him off to another rich family like they did back in the medieval ages, leaving him with a marriage that was more.. contractual then anything else. And that idea alone killed his emotions towards love and other such pretty things.

But things seemed to change... when the two girls were introduced into his and Henry's class that one fateful day...