chapter (6) ♡ xiaoting's pov

♡

X I A O T I N G ' S    P O V

There's something odd about Yujin and I'm notably determine to find out why she has been distancing herself, Especially from me. When she returned home late last night, I wanted to scold her for being so careless of the time of day. Everyone was beginning to freak out and we all were losing sleep because we were so worried. I can't exactly complain because I know for sure that Yujin would do the same for me if I were to arrive home very late as well, However there's something that I'm missing, Something that I can't pinpoint. Yujin has been very sad for the pass few days, But recent, She's specifically interested and spend way more quantity time with the girls more than she does with me which is no problem at all. Last night, She's done the strangest thing, Instead of checking on the girls, And wishing us a "Goodnight", She directly went to bed and fell asleep, Which is so out of character of her to do. She always makes sure that everyone is in their rooms before going to ours. This time she didn't, And that's concerning, I'm worried.

Yujin wasn't lying when she said that she wanted me to be at least 6 feet away from her. To be honest, I didn't think anything of it at first, But the space between us is foreign, And it's starting to make me feel suffocated. Plus isn't this a strange sight to witness? It looks like I'm stalking her very close or something. Anyways I need to know what's in Yujin's mind one way or another because I am sick and tired of being treated a certain way because she's upset. Now that I think about it, Is she mad at me? She can't be though, What could I have possibly done to upset her this way? It shouldn't hurt to ask, Right? I'm being a bit hesitate because she made it clear that she will be left alone until we reach home. But the curiosity is eating me alive. I'm going to chance it. It's one way or another.

"Yujin?" I called sternly. I'm ready to ask if there's anything wrong and why is she exactly distancing herself from me because I'm not appreciating the treatment whatsoever. She slows down her steps eventually halting to a stop in which I followed to keep the distance. She turns around and raises her eyebrows in question. Here goes nothing.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked not sure if I'm ready to hear what she got to say. I noticed that her eyes glisten is pure despair, But then she chuckles dejectedly which taken me off guard a bit because what's so funny?

"Yes"

Okay, I didn't see that coming.

I kinda expected her to push me away and say that she's not mad at me but it was the total opposite of what I thought her response would be. Now that I've sinked in what she just said, I begin to ponder anything that I did that may have rubbed her off the wrong way.