Chapter II: Do Not Self-Destruct!

They laid on the cliff next to each other. Nylah had spent many hours in that one spot. She memorized the entire terrain. She bet Mando could figure out a way in just by glancing. Distance had always been her greatest ally. That's why she enjoyed being a hitman. One shot and the job is done. She wished it had been that easy back in the day.

"Your shoulder pad is cute and shiny. Is it new? I haven't seen polished beskar like that in ages," Nylah rambled.

"What? Do you not say thank you to compliments? That's kind of rude."

"Oh no," He muttered.

"What? What is it?" She scooted closer to him, trying to line up her vision with his. He turned to her, and even though she couldn't see his face, she got the message. Too close.

"Sorry," she mumbled, scooting away from him again.

"Bounty droid." She squinted her eyes to see the bot walking up to the guys.

"An IG unit? Those guys are dicks." Mando crawled back and stood, putting his binocs away and started toward the quarry. Nylah stared at him confused.

"Woah, what are you doing? Why not just let the droid take the majority out and get the rest later?"

"What if he gets to it first?"

"Shoot him in the head, of course. Don't you hate droids?"

Mando ignored her and continued down the hill.

"Mando! Mando, what the hell?" She whispered. She sighed and began sliding through her armband. She activated her helmet, hoverboard and camouflage.

"I wish I had known there was going to be a little more excitement today. I would have cleared my schedule." She stopped herself and started to chuckle. "I don't have a schedule."

As Mando made his way down the hill into the quarry, he felt wind hit him, as if something ran past him at a high speed but he didn't see anything.

"IG unit! Stand down!" He yelled but the IG immediately turned to him and shot, making Mando fall back. Mando grunted but Nylah couldn't tell if it was from pain or annoyance.

"I'm in the Guild!" Mando yelled at the droid, taking his bounty tracker from his pack.

"You are a Guild member?" The droid said monotone. "I thought I was the only one on assignment."

"Seems to be the theme of the day," Nylah said. Mando looked around, expecting to see her right next to him from where he heard her but she wasn't there.

"Sadly, I must ask for your fob. I have already issued the writ of seizure. The bounty is mine."

"Unless I'm mistaken, you are, as of yet, empty-handed," Mando told him. Nylah turned to him and she felt a blush creep on her face. She was gonna have to add "Sassy" to her Mando list of characteristics that made her swoon.

"This is true."

"Ha, get fucked!"

"Nylah, where are you?" Mando asked, his head looking in all directions but still not spotting her.

"Everywhere, but also, nowhere."

"Nylah."

"Sorry," Nylah pressed a button on her armband and her camo peeled off her body, revealing her next to Mando.

He turned and flinched, not expecting her to be behind him. Nylah muttered another "sorry".

Mando turned back to the IG unit, "I have a suggestion."

"Proceed."

"We split the reward."

"What?" Nylah cried.