Chapter III: Is That Your Ship?

Mando had surprisingly made it far in a short amount of time, Nylah thought. Luckily her tracking fob still worked. She watched Mando from above and deactivated her hoverboard and helmet.

Nylah landed silently, and began to walk behind Mando, matching her steps to his. In a split second, he turned and swung. She side stepped his fist and kicked him in the back of the leg, making him almost lose balance. Almost.

Now one could tell that Nylah wasn't good at close combat but she could manage. Because she wasn't a normal bounty hunter like most people working in the Guild, she didn't need to use her fighting skills. She was a part of the assassin league. By rifle, mostly. She didn't have to wrestle anyone to tie them up or bother with the whole carbonite situation. It was easier for her, especially since long distance was her specialty.

The fight was over almost as quickly as it started. He slammed her against the rock with a dagger pressed against her neck.

Oh shit, that was hot, she thought.

She laughed lightly, "Good one. Draw?"

Mando's head tilted, confused, "I have a dagger to your throat."

"Yeah but look where mine is."

He followed her arm down and noticed the knife an inch away from his stomach.

She smirked, "Draw?"

"Change your mind about the kid?"

"No. You can take him. I told you, I have morals."

Mando paused, still confused. "Then what do you want?"

"A ride."

"What?"

"My ship crashed to smithereens. I barely survived."

"If you just wanted a ride then why did you sneak up on me?"

Nylah shrugged, "For fun, I guess."

"I'm not a taxi service."

"I gave you the bounty. I didn't fight for it. The least you could do is just give me a ride then I'll be out of your hair. If you have hair..."

Mando released her and Nylah pushed off the rock, cranking her neck to the side with a pop.

"Cool," She said, trying to hide her excitement for getting off that hellish planet. She stepped to the capsule holding the child, who looked up at her curiously.

"Aw, you're kinda cute," she held her finger out and the child immediately reached for it, grabbing it with his chunky three fingers.

It was only a few minutes after Nylah had joined them that she heard something.

"Wait," Nylah whispered, stopping Mando with her hand.

"Can't you hear that?" Nylah looked above them cautiously. Mando noticed her fiddle with something on her armband. Nylah leaned her head to the side, trying to hear better. Her head perked up immediately alert.

"Tracking fob," She realized.

Suddenly three guys jumped out at them. Mando shoved the child's hover carrier away, knocking the child onto his back.

Nylah jumped back to avoid the blade of one of the bounty hunters. Her hands glided across her armband as she rolled away from the hunter. With a press of a button, a bo staff appeared in her hands. She quickly brought it up and blocked the hunters next move.

She swung, connecting to his face but he quickly recovered and connected a kick to her ribs. She fell over which made her pistol fall out of its holster. She looked at the pistol and quickly crawled to it through the mud. Nylah grabbed the pistol, turned and shot the hunter in the head, right as he was about to hit her with his blade.