chapter fifteen

Camila's POV

I don't think I can break down all of this. Lauren is supposedly in love with me, I have a sweet boyfriend who I cheated on by kissing Lauren, Lauren is a robot that can 'love', My boyfriend loves me just as much as her, and this whole thing  is a big problem in my life. Yup, i think i got all this drama sorted out...I just don't know how to fix it all. My life? Is a complete disaster.

I headed downstairs quietly, It was twelve noon, I had nothing to do with myself. But maybe I can think of something productive and can go on for a long time, like not think about Lauren and the kiss. Yeah, that sounds like a plan, Camila. I walked over to the kitchen, opening the fridge to get myself some Orange Juice, as soon as i shut the refrigerator door, I hear our front door opening, soon followed by the voices from my father and from Lauren...Who I definitely shouldn't be thinking about right now but I've already mentioned her name. 

I peeked from the corner of the kitchen door and saw that they were in the living room sitting down and talking and Lauren never looked so bleak in her life. Sorry, I meant, battery life. Get it, cause she's a robot? Well no time for jokes. She never really smiled like she used to before. She'd always wake up with the most brightest and not to mention the cutest smiles. I hate to see a day without it on her...Like today. And I think I know why.

I sigh and walk back into the kitchen, putting my juice down on top of our kitchen table, sitting myself in one of the seats while thinking about my life decisions.

Laurens POV

Upset. Yes Upset. Not the first word you'd expect from a robot right? Well..Let me tell you, I am no robot. The professor and I had just came back from a lab test at his worklab and he tells me I've got remarkable memory, knowledge, and more. It felt good to hear that, but on the other side of my head all I heard was Camila telling me she didn't love me like a love should. I couldn't help but think, am I not good enough for her? It's always been haunting me. Because I want to be able to be loved and to be good enough for someone who would.

"Lauren...lauren are you alright?" Her father asked me, realizing then that I had completely blacked out. I looked up from my hands "Oh..of course...Doctor." I say softly. He sighed and leans in, placing his hands on my shoulder. "Lauren, I know something is wrong. Tell me what's wrong." I only sat back on the couch and sighed, shaking my head. "No no, Nothing's wrong Doc...I'm fine, just not feeling as energized." I lied as I gave him a small smile as I fumbled with my fingers. 

"Well, okay. But if anything is troubling you, you must let me know." He says before standing from his seat. "Well I need to go down to my basement lab for now. You should get some good rest, be productive, watch TV. Anything you'd like it's the weekend Lauren." He says before going off to his lab. I watch him leave and I gulp down hard, why would something as lifeless as me...Have life. I get up from my seat to go to the kitchen and as soon as I went through the door, I see camila, sitting on one of the chairs I planned to sit on as she was having a cup of Orange Juice. 

I stopped in my tracks as she stared at me. For a while we were just staring at each other. Studying our faces. Our emotions. Feelings. She knew I was hurt, but what could she do? Nothing. We stood in silence for a while until she had finally spoke. "Hey." she said ever so calmly. "Hi." I greeted in a small voice. "So..how are you." "I'm...fine." I choked a bit saying it, but managed a small smile to go with it. "No you're not." "Well how would you know?" I talked back.

Camilas POV 

"Well how would you know?" I heard her tone of voice sounded hurt. I knew it was because of me. "Because...after what happened..." I said softly, as soon as It had been mentioned, she looked away from me and stared at her feet. "Well..nothing happened.  That was nothing. Like you said. I should forget about it and that I shouldn't have done it in the first place." I gripped my cup and gulped hard "Lauren..." I try to say but she cut me off instantly- "No, don't you, 'Lauren' me. I know what you're already going to say. It's the usual, your favorite words to me. Yeah they're three words, but they're never the ones I wanted to hear. I don't want to hear 'I'm so sorry' Camila. I really don't. Especially when you don't mean it." She huffed. 

I looked down at my cup, "You're right." I say under my breath. "I never did mean them." I admit as I lightly tapped my fingers on the side of the cup. "I've been doing nothing but yell, be mean, and reject you, even though all you've been trying to do was make me happy and to love me. I don't deserve you, Lauren." I looked up and Lauren walked out the kitchen in a hurry and from then, I heard her footsteps loudly hitting the steps of the staircase, followed by the door slam coming from her room.

****************

I know what you're thinking- she only updated now? what a jerk,

cmon dont be upsetti, have some spaghetti, 

just updated because i'm slightly finally free and bc it's been high requested :) x