Dancing/The Phenomenon: Part 1 (set after the movie)

(Might have a little reference to a Pixar Kid Christmas video! See if you can find it! It will be underlined.)

Another snowy morning in Whoville came and gone, and The Grinch wasn't in his sour mood like always. It was exactly one year after he stole Christmas, but, with the help of Cindy Lou Who, he brought it back, and decided to embrace the Whos' Christmas festivities. After having some breakfast in his kitchen with his dog, Max, he got a strange feeling inside.

"Max," said The Grinch, "I feel like doing something today." Max yipped in response. "Maybe something like..." He got out a boom box, and got a disc labeled "My Song" on it. "...a little, oh, I don't know...DANCING!!!" He then put the disc in, pressed the "MIXTAPE SON" button, and began to jam out to what would soon become the biggest musical phenomenon in all of Whoville. "You're a mean one (Mr. Grinch!)." The song stated, in a rap-like manner. "You really are a heeeeeeel! You're as cuddly as a cactus; you're as charming as an eeeeeeeel, Mr. Grinch!" "This song is my jam!" The Grinch said as he bopped to the beat, and, oddly enough, sang along. "You're a bad banana...Mr. Grinch!.....with a greasy black peeeeeeeeel!" "What? It's a song about me?" The Grinch exclaimed in excitement, "Whoa, even better!"

A knock at the door came, and it was, of course, Cindy Lou. "What are you doing with a boom box, Grinch?" She wondered. "I'm just dancing to the best song EVER!!!" He said as the song was still on. "Wanna join?" "Of course!" Cindy replied as she and The Grinch sang and even breakdanced to the rocking beat. "Mr. Grinch, you're a bad banana, here to spoil everybody with your bad attitude!" Cindy sang her heart out. The Grinch really liked the line, "Who is this mean fellow with his skin all green and his teeth all yellow?" He and Cindy kept dancing until it was over.

Suddenly, the song started all over again. "Again?" Cindy said as she saw the boom box had a infinite loop button. "Yep." The Grinch remarked. "I'm really digging this song. It's beat is so catchy." "Well," Cindy proposed, "If you like that song so much, then why can't all of Whoville hear it?" Then, he got an idea. An awesome idea. The Grinch got a wonderful, awesome idea. (Ever since he became nice, he'd always have awesome ideas, instead of awful ones.) "Cindy, that's it!" The Grinch smiled.

A few hours later, The Grinch and Cindy found a radio station in Whoville called WHOVILLE Beat, and got a vinyl record of the song they listened to earlier, sung by, of all rappers, Tyler, The Creator, and put it in an envelope bound to go on radios all around Whoville. A few more hours later, they waited patiently to see if the song was coming on, and to their surprise, it did. Everyone in Whoville bopped to the beat of the song, and they loved every second of it...until the next day, there would be a whole lot of familiar songs that would really make their day more enjoyable.

The next day, The Grinch got up, did his morning routine, got some breakfast, and, like yesterday, put on his boom box and danced to the song that was now #1 on the airwaves. A little bit later, Cindy came rushing in the door with exciting news. "Look, Grinch! There's a whole SOUNDTRACK of songs inspired by you! And, it says they're all from some sort of movie about you, and me, and all of The Whos!" The Grinch gasped at this sudden revelation, stared at Cindy's phone, which, oddly enough, had an app called "Whotify" (get it?), that had all the songs on a soundtrack called "The Grinch: Official Motion Picture Soundtrack". It had, of course, You're A Mean One, but also I Am The Grinch, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (The Carolers' Song), and even Zat You, Santa Claus, as well as some instrumental music from the hit holiday movie. "WE NEED TO LET THAT RADIO PLACE PLAY ALL OF THESE SONGS!!!!" The Grinch shouted with enthusiasm like he drank too much coffee. "But how?" Cindy wondered. "Leave that to me...and Max...and you." The Grinch replied.

Later that night, The Grinch, Cindy-Lou, and Max all sneaked into the headquarters of Whoville BEAT, got a huge envelope with a vinyl record of The Grinch's movie soundtrack, and put it on the recording booth table. Of course, all The Whos were asleep, so they had to be quiet. Luckily, they all went out without a scratch.

The next morning, all of Whoville was listening to the best soundtrack in the entire world. Whoville BEAT loved all the songs so much, that they played them on infinite loop, 24 hours a day. The Grinch, who went down to Whoville to see what everyone thought about his idea, loved the songs even more, but then he thought of something even bigger. "There are more cover versions of my song, and I bet we could make one of our own." He said while looking at his phone.

To be continued...