The Demi-Human

A/n: Hey....It'a been awhile ey? Yeah, School is an issue, and some of these games are addicting af, And I left without a warning.

Yet here I am. With another story. Different from the lot, a Genshin Impact one and an Anime I found, Ajin: Demi-Human.

Won't bore you with details. This idea has been on my mind for the past week ever since Columbina invaded my Dreams. Enjoy

Y/n the Narrator POV

Hello....where do I even start... ah right.

My name is Y/n, I guess you already knew that. And I am, what I call myself, a Demi-Human. I am half human, I personally do not know what my other half is, and frankly, I know why.

What makes not fully "mortal"...Well let me tell you where I come from, my origins, my past.

Location: Remote Village

I lived in a remote village somewhere.....well its been so long, either it was on Mountain area or in a mountain one, just near one of those.

I loved my family, and our neighbors. We were peaceful, since barely anyone comes by here other than merchants. Our area was quiet......was... When I was like 12 or something, we were attacked.

I always wondered how did they found us, we were off the grid in a way, and the only ones we knew  our location were merchants, and they were nice...Well considering where I am now, A smile doesn't always mean good intention.

Anyways. Houses were burned to the ground, Smoke filled the skies, and Dust ruined my clothing. That was not the worst part, Well, It was one of the two.

Survivors, even my family was gathered to be killed one by one. I watched every single person I knew die right infront of me, and I knew I was gonna die soon...Or so I thought.

I watched my parents, my sister, my brother die right infront me. Violence was never a thing here, but I knew it was called anger, Rage, vengeance.

But I was young, powerless to do anything. So when it was my time. They just....well I don't really know, I had my eyes closed and had no idea what killed me for the first time.

Yes you read that right. First time. This was not the first, neither it was the last.

When everyone was dead, they left. But somehow, for some reason, I came back, alive and uninjured. When one of them saw me, they killed me again.

And again, and again. That reminded me of what they did, so with my somewhat immortality, I took some weapon and killed one. I forgot it was heavy at the time, but I didn't care.

And each one I killed, I die again. I did it till the Leader was dead. And he was fearful of me, unkillable mortal, unheard of. I still remember his last words all too clearly.

Leader: H-have mercy....Please.

I didn't respond, vengeance is what remained. So I chopped his limbs, then stabbed him. I mutilitaed his body before I burned it.

Scene change

Yeah. Weird? Unnatural? I know. I thought my Immortality was a gift, given by the gods, oh how wrong I was, on both ends.

Back in the day. Gods were....well, Gods. We worshipped them, and they blessed us. If only I knew my Immortality, I would use it to be an adventurer, a warrior, one who protects the weak.

That was a long time ago. Now, my memory was broken of the past, and the truth to my immortality a mystery, even to this day.

Back to the past.

At that time. I had nothing to live for, so I tried killing myself, even that didn't work. I did it for days, until I gave up and set out the lands.

Taking advantage of my inhuman status, I served guards, armies, and eventually, the Gods themselves.

They caught wind of my mortal prowess, but Godlike immortality. Okay I'm saying Immortality too much, I'll just say Demi-Human.

Continuing forward. They used me for various reasons. Messenger of the Gods, God's Judgement, The hand of god, all that kind of stuff.

And when it was time for them to reward for my services and boundless loyalty. I asked if any god knew of my Demi-Human status.

And to my utter shock and disbelief, They had no idea. I asked every god, and they had the same answer, Nothing.

In a few years, I tried coping. But that didn't work. I asked them to kill me, and even that didn't work. I knew Gods were all powerful, but not as powerful as I thought.

So....I kept my work with the gods. Each task they gave, I used it to kill myself, To no avail. With the tasks completed, They rewarded me powers...or as they call it nowadays, Visions.

Visions are gifts and recognition by the Gods. They let me, and any other vision users manipulate the elements. While most, if not all, only have one. I have all 7 of them.

And with nearly 3 centuries of mastery, I was able to manipulate every single element to my beck and call.

Example. Earth, now its called Geo. I can make miniearthquakes at will, and makes Shields out of them.

Or maybe Air, now called Anemo. I can make air cannons, or pressurized winds and make it a punch. Or leap through the air like I'm walking on it. Although my time is limited, I just use it to get to high areas.

Scene change

Well enough of that. I may have said everything...Let's see....

Origins, Check. Powers, check. Oh right.

You may wonder what is a Demi-Human. It is a madeup word I did to describe myself, I am half mortal, but I have no idea what my other half is, which is like the one that brings me back from the Dead.

Weaponry wise, I just use manifestations of them with elements back then. Now, I'm not sure.

Now you may wonder what I meant of " 3 Centuries worth of mastery". Well, I was born like 500 years ago, right as when khaenri'ah, we were way too uninformed, So I had no clue of the event. Anyways, I asked the Gods to put me into a deep sleep, to be awoken when the time comes.

Now. After 3 centuries of work, I woke 2 centuries later. Awaken by a Traveler of worlds and a floating entity calling itself Paimon.

My name is Y/n, The Demi-Human, Master of the 7 elements, and here is my life. On a quest to help another immortal being on his journey to find his Sister, and my personal goal to find someone, something that can kill me for good.

Again. This is Y/n, Signing out. See you next chapter.