chapter 7

I woke up covered in sweat and fear overwhelmed me. "Woah you finally woke up." The man said looking at me with a dull expression. I stare at him not responding because he sounded like he didnt care. "What's your name." I said trying to break the silence and also realizing I went with some man I didn't even know. "My name is Dre martin, anything else you want to know?" He asked sounding irtitated. "Who do you work for, how old are you and are you married or seeing anyone?" I said with emphasis on the last question. " I'm 36, I work for mcraury law firm and I'm divorced." He said while walking to the bathroom and turning the shower on. I think that's enough questions I think to myself. I look around the room we were in, it smelt nice and there was a flat screen on the wall. "Excuse me, sir but is there any food around I'm starving!" I said trying to sound dearing. "Yeah I left you some pizza in the fridge." He shouted back. "Eww I hate pizza." I said but he ignored me. I walked around are room it had mini bar and a bigger fridge in the back full of food. I decided to pull out a small container of potato salad and a spoon. I looked at the price tag it said 7.99, so I went to my plastic bag and pulled out a ten and walked it down to the desk for my change. After everything was payed for I ran back to our room to find dre waiting there staring at the door. "Where did you go." He said sounding aggitated. "I went to go pay for this." I said while holding up the container of potato salad. "I thought I told you to eat pizza!" He said raising his voice for no apparent reason. "I'm sorry, its just...I don't like pizza." I said standing there stiff as a board. Nothing much was said for the rest of the night he apologized for yelling and went to sleep. I was up watching t.v, when I lived with my "mother" she never let me watch it she said it would cause me to become even more stupid than I already am. I never believed her though because I was woke one night and snuck into the living room to watch something Jordan told me ab- my mind stopped for a second realizing that I might never see him again. I cried myself to sleep knowing I had just lost a life time friend.

Morning....

I woke up with my face covered with dry tears and a line a drool from my mouth. I get out of bed, do my daily hygiene,and get dressed. As soon as I got dressed dre woke up. "Good morning." He says in a cheerful manner. "Mornin." I reply back. "When I get out of the shower we are going to breakfast." He said while grabbing a outfit from his suitcase.

1 hour later

We pull into an IHOP and sit down. We order our drinks and sit in silence. "What would you like to eat." Are waiter says to in a humble mood. "Can I get a veggie omelette and toast?" Dre said without hesitation. "And I want pancakes and a side of bacon and eggs." I said not knowing what to order because my mom never took me out to eat. He came with our food and I was about to dig in when Dre told I had to say grace. After breakfast we get into his car and drive down the highway. "Next stop Houston Texas." Dre says with a small smile on his face. Wow I think to myself let's see where this trip will bring us.