𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓼𝓲𝓼

*MAISIE*
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆

"So you think he'd be into smaller dogs?" I ask, picking up a dragon figurine, plastic fire spewing out its mouth.

"Mhm." Seymour is examining a broken matchbox with a village design on the front. I take it, opening it up to see the contents.

"Interesting."

"Wasn't it like a shih tzu?"

"Fair point bro."

"Shih tzus are the best."

"They're so cute bro."

"He's totally a dog person."

"One hundred percent."

I pick up a ripped heart plush and a plastic rose, turning around to come face to face with a bright white sheet.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Being a ghost," the sheet replies. I grab a pair of sunglasses from the shelf, placing them on his covered face.

"Perfect."

"Kinda swag not gonna lie."

He strikes a pose. I admire a beach painting, the sun dipping under the firey sea.

"Do you think Aaron's a cat person though?"

"Good question bro."

"It kinda matches his personality."

"True dat."

Seymour runs a hand through his hair again.

"Please tell me you didn't touch the shelves," I sigh.

The realisation hits his face. "Shit!" He starts maniacally shaking his hair, head moving so fast it's a blur. I bite back laughter.

"Bromine, it's all over your head."

It isn't. The shaking speed increases.

"Is it gone?"

"It isn't."

It is. But it's funny. As he keeps flipping his fluffy hair like a metal guitarist on crack, my mind wanders back to Terence and Lila. They're so in love.

"So what do you think about Lila becoming your sister in law?"

"Could be worse."

"Rude."

"I mean, it'll be great, but they strike me as a couple who'd be so horny they can't even be in the same room together."

"Ew."

"I bet they're making out right now."

We both laugh, before our heads snap up.

"We should-"

"Yep."

We both sprint through the shelves, until I catch a glimpse of Terence's golden hair. I yank Seymour's arm, sending him flying.

"Bromine, what the frid-"

"Shh!"

"You shush."

"Shut up."

"You little-"

"SHHH!"

We both peer through the shelf, to see poor Lila suffering for her lack of height. She seems to be reaching for a gold box perched tauntingly out of her reach. Laughter builds in my throat, I have to clasp a hand over my mouth. Seymour's also having problems. Terence turns his head, and for a split second his expression mirrors ours, before being replaced with one of sympathy. He puts down a cracked mirror, then watches her for a little while as she struggles. Seymour takes my arm and drags me to the end of the row, where we peer around the corner in the classic 'scooby doo' pose used in films all the time.