The First day (9)

Image by "unu-nunu-art" on Tumblr 

(Sans POV)

I was looking for a new nap tree when I found small kid. Just after the storm. He was covered with snow, it looked like he might've been there all night. If the blue tint on his bones were anything to go by. He's also just very small. While he wasn't wearing stripes, I could tell he was just a kid. Because I and Paps are both skeletons, I know whether or not if a skeleton is a child. 

He is a child.

A child who shouldn't be alone out here, no child should be. After the kiddo shook himself off, I figured out pretty quickly that he either couldn't speak, or had some other sort of trouble with it.

He had some small patches of Ice all over him. He must be freezing, stars this kid. Me and Paps would have to ask Alphys to check in on him, make sure that he wasn't going to die or had special needs. First to get him home. Looks like a shortcut will be safe enough. Not like he's really injured or unable to move. 

As I walked in with the kiddo, Papyrus was cooking. He saw me and the kid. He was surprised, but quickly recovered as he realized the state of our new friend. 

We had an unspoken understanding, Paps would finish dinner. And I would clean him up and give him some spare clothes. At the moment,  he was wearing some light clothes. More for anywhere other than Snowdin of all places to be.

Sweatpants, and a baggy T-shirt. At least the ankle boots look fluffy and warm. He had a light turtle-neck around his neck. And some really weird looking gloves. A hoodie should suffice if I were just giving him clothes. I noticed how he looked cold, at least with the ice bits still sticking to him made it looked that way to me. And his hands... so cold... it was not pleasant to hold his hand the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Creator 7543 POV (Reincarnated Ink POV))

~~~~~

'Sans' was helping me up the stairs like I was some fragile little glasswork. It was a little odd he thinks that considering how I had to be careful to not move too aggressively otherwise I could break something. Or someone. I thought it was nice of him to be so gentle and nice to me. 

Besides, I could see why he might think I'm fragile. I don't talk,  and I didn't understand what is probably a common gesture he was trying to make to me. 'Shake my hand' I don't understand what that means.

He led me to a room and told me to stay in a certain spot. So I did. He went over to a large, white container. Large enough to fit someone in it, an average person, I am admittedly much smaller than average. Embarrassingly enough because I just had to be small. . 

He turned a wall attachment (was that safe??) and another wall attachment started to have water stream out of it. Mr. Sans put his finger in the flowing water for a few seconds before taking the finger out and turning yet another wall attachment. 

He left the room. And I was left alone.

Looking around the whole room was odd, there was a counter that was sunken in. I don't think that would be very reliable. It also had... yet more wall attachments. How many wall attachments do you need? A rug was situated in front of the container, it was a pastel green. It also appeared fluffy. On the wall opposite of the door, next to the container, was again, another wall attachment. This time it held two cloths. One blue, the other orange. On the walls next to the container there were shelves with bottles with weird looking caps. Overall,  the room was small, probably meant for only one person at a time. It is a confusing world... is this normal..?