Smell Of War

"Don't give up, Tenten! There's only a few thousand laps left!We've already done most part!" Lee enthusiastically encouraged Tenten.

"Ughh! Lee, why do we have to do 3000 laps around the village every time you choose the training? Not everyone is at the same level as you, you know!" Tenten complained as she continued running a few meters behind her two comrades.

Every day, one of Team Guy's "youthful" members gets to choose the training plan. To Tenten's luck Lee was the one choosing today. She would've thought that after all these years in the team, she would've gotten used to it, but no.

The young kunoichi did train hard every day with her comrades, but even so, Lee's training still almost killed her every time, and she was always a few meters behind.

_________________________________________

After a few hours of running, the team finally finished Lee's reckless training session.

They got back to their usual training field enclosed by the forest where they left their water bottles.

"CONGRATS MY YOUTHFUL FLOWER YOU MADE IT! AFTER THIS SHORT BREAK, HOW ABOUT WE DO SOME SPARING?"

"I don't know how much longer I could've gone until I passed out! I'm sorry, Lee, but no sparing today. I'm exhausted. " Tenten said as she walked up clumsily to the big tree in the middle of the field to lay down under its shadow.

"BUT -"

"Lee. Tenten's right. We are all tired. We'll leave the sparing for another day." Neji calmly said.

She'd always get a bit of butterflies when he'd say her name, and that bothered her. She had no feelings for the Hyuga. They were comrades.

Neji had joined Tenten under the massive tree and stood next to the trunk. He had his usual unbothered face and no sign of tiredness in his look. Lee is the same. He looks as fresh as a daisy.

Tenten always wondered how the two boys were never really affected by the bushy brows boy's training. This was another of the reasons she wanted to be stronger. She always felt like the ugly little duckling of the team. Not only the team but also of the whole Konoha 12. Everyone had been training harder and harder not to fall behind when Naruto left. They still continue even though he's been back for a while now. She, too, did that, but none of that training seemed to be working as good for her as for the others.

They all seem to have their special talent or ability that distinguish them from the rest. Meanwhile, she was just another kunoichi among the others with no particular technique or aptitude.

Lee, Neji, and Guy didn't fail to make her notice she had incredible skills of fūinjutsu. But as clumsy as each of her teammates and sensei are with words, you can probably guess the wording they used wasn't exactly the right one.

''Oi!!! Lee! Neji! Tenten!!'' 

The three friends then looked simultaneously in the direction of the origin of the person.

''Oh hi Ino! What are you doing here?'' Tenten said as she got up and ran up to her friend for a hug.

"Hey Ten! I was coming by to tell you that we're having a sleepover at my house tonight! You have to come!" The blonde kunoichi pleaded her friend.

"You know I'm not really into that stuff.."

"Come on Ten! Just this once!" Ino pleaded Tenten in a childish way, joining both her hands together.

Seeing as her friend was pleading in such an embarrassing way, Tenten gave in to Ino's demand.

"Alright, I'll come. But please get up, Ino!" Tenten laughed.