the end or the beginning?

Rufus
10:12 pm
(i forgot the times they did die so sorry and please bare with me if it is wrong😭)

I lost him, and everyone I ever fucking loved. I wait outside the hospital he died in like an absolute idiot while contemplating if I did the right thing by giving his dad that letter, I wonder what he would think a dead guy's writing a letter to another dead guy's dad? Not only that, but I scoff at my stupidity, I feel numb and hurt he promised he wouldn't leave, so why the fuck did he?

I look at the messages all the Pluto's sent me
One last time and sigh. I then look at the last video I ever took with him man, I hope I can see him again I miss him, he made me feel complete on the day we were supposed to be a damn mess.

I walk across the street without an arm to hold me back.

Mateo Torrez
Death-cast did not call Mateo Torrez today because he's already gone.
12:01 am

I wake up with a huge burning sensation around me, my body, and the other half of my face for some specific reason everything burns like hell I want to scream in pain, but I can't, I have no absolute idea where I am, and it hurts to even remember my brain is on fire. I look around and see people, people I've never seen before some look just as confused as I am, but before I go and ask what's going on it hits me.

I remember him, Rufus, the boy I kissed that brought me to life on the day we were supposed to die, and, now I've realized I'm dead and he isn't. Well that's what I think I'm not sure I'm very confused or panicking I miss Rufus he would've known what to do or maybe he would've given me more legos to build to calm me down but he isn't here right now so I have to think for myself. I look behind me and observe this old lady who looks shockingly satisfied with herself right now but before I could talk to her the train stops and everything goes silent.

Everything was always silent it just wasn't this silent as this silence is like a silence of oddness, confusion, and despair now I miss Rufus even more.

Rufus Emeterio 
Death-cast did not call Rufus today for he is also gone.

I wake up feeling like shit every bone in my body hurts and even if I checked now I don't think I would have a bruise, but everything really hurts I suddenly remember everything that happened how I got hit and about Mateo and holy fuck do I miss him so much I want to stand up and look to see if he's on this train or wherever the heck this train is, but I stop myself when the train also stops.

Mateo Torrez
i see everyone getting off the train and since i didn't wanna be the odd one out, so do i, i try to look to see if Rufus is here and stop in my chair hoping maybe i'd see him pass by.

10 minutes later

he never passed by. It was a bit upsetting but I thought wherever the heck we are we will meet.

I got off the train and was wowed by the world and how everything looked it looked just like my city except everything was dark and dead, now I know I've really made it to the afterlife. The clouds were almost the same color as the dark blue sky except they are a bit grayer which tells the differences they have apart, and the stars were bright in the sky I would assume it was night at the time, but I stop assuming when someone grabs me and pulls me really close.

Rufus Emeterio

I slowly get off the train hoping to see Mateo and hope his face isn't melted, as I slowly walk out of the train I see the back of his head and I start to get excited and a bit happy because who couldn't recognize him? His brown curly hair that looks like a damn forest and the glasses from the back of his head. I run to him from behind and pull him in even while he isn't facing me.

I hug him so hard, I missed him so much.

Mateo Torrez

I get startled by the person taller than me randomly hugging me from behind till I realize it's Rufus I was shocked, so he was on the train I think to myself I immediately hug him back and pull him closer to me while staring into his deep black eyes they are almost like the sky but even deeper we don't even talk we just look at each other while hugging I then break the silence and say" I love you I'm sorry for leaving you and our safe island".

He immediately says he couldn't give two fucks that I left, he's just glad I'm here now, I finally look at him and give him a quick but nice kiss on the cheek, and he smiles. I love his smile, I then say" this probably the afterlife" he says" yea, I think we should maybe explore and see what's up".

Rufus emeterio

I felt so fucking safe and happy about being with him and kissing him now I know I'll protect him with everything in me even if this is the afterlife, I don't want him to die again even if he already is.
We both agree to look around and explore, so we do we both hold hands walking down the streets and I observe how only similar this place is to where we both lived I make the first move and finally mention it by saying "this place is just like home ".

Mateo agrees and says "it does look very similar" and I finally mention the thing we were probably both scared of doing ourselves, mentioning our families I say "yo, you think our families are here? " Mateo looks at me almost like a thank you for saying that because I don't think I ever would've been able to myself he then says "maybe, I'm not sure if my mom would like me very much tho. What if she's a huge asshole? " I say "I doubt anyone related to you could even resemble an asshole".

He turns a bit red which is honestly kinda cute but we do need to talk to our families.

Mateo Torrez

I love how nice he is but to be fair I am really scared of meeting her, what if she's an absolute asshole? And hates me. I'm really scared of that idea, I get caught in my thoughts and see Rufus letting go of my hand kinda makes me question why, but he does, and he's looking up i want to know why he's looking up so I do too and I almost stop breathing.

Rufus emeterio

I liked being semi-flirty with Mateo, but I stop in my tracks and slowly let go of his hands when I see the giant New York clock apparently here it's not called the New York clock it's called the death clock, and it's a huge damn clock it's the shape of a skull with bones being used as the handles to show the time if I knew I wasn't dead right now I probably would've thought this is some emo shit I stare at Mateo as he also looks at this crazy kind of clock, and we see a huge gathering of people beneath it. I look back at him and he looks at me I think we both want to see whats up about that place and why this huge clock moves so slow