The divinities of earth and wind sat atop the ruined tower. A sea breeze filled the air, refreshing the ex-Archons just enough to endure the hot summer evening they were in, one of the many they had experienced together. The last rays of the sun were disappearing over the horizon, as if it was being swallowed by the sea.

On Zhongli's right side rested the bard's cloak in disarray, beneath which laid his own jacket, neatly folded. Zhongli took a drink from his glass before looking down at the heart-shaped structure beneath his feet, then back to focusing on the wind God. He was a mess. Venti's cravat was half undone, as were some buttons on his shirt, which was rolled up. His cheeks were slightly flushed from the alcohol he knew he'd poured into his tea while he thought he wasn't looking. It was his mess, he mentally corrected himself.

"See, you're a blockhead, you used to have a better memory."

They were discussing how they had managed to make the island they were on, to appear. It was a simple talk, for Zhongli remembered as if it were that day, the moment when it was lifted from its waters. Though it was situated in both lands, it was his power that took care of the landscape, which he knew like the back of his hand. Every rock, every mountain, and every island with a heart shape within it.

"Barbatos, however..."

"Venti." He corrected him.

"Barbatos," He ignored him. "However much..."

"Venti." He insisted.

"Let me speak." He said solemnly. "However much you insult me, you will not be correct. My memory remains intact, the island appeared when I declared, ergo, I could not forget that day. I felt the earth rise, forming the place where we sit now."

Declarations between deities who had known each other for millennia were unusual to say the least. Often, time strengthened their relationship, it was not necessary to take that mortal step. Their love could be explained in the form of songs, of ancient myths, even carnally, without the need to emphasize the obvious. But immortality was so long that it sometimes led them to take unusual steps, as on that summer evening when Morax did.

"No, I stopped by like I always do and no, it appeared when I kissed you for the first time."

They had kissed before the declaration, that's where the incongruity of his argument laid. The change in the winds that Venti felt at that moment had to be his own doing, it had nothing to do with what they were talking about, and yet he always tried to use it as an argument. Zhongli folded his arms, waiting for him to continue his erroneous story.

"The island is also in my nation, and I tell you that the winds shifted to erode it and draw the heart upon it." Venti continued, pointing at it. "See, Morax?"

"Zhongli." He corrected him. "And we kissed before I declared to you. Stop drinking already, it's your memory that's on its last legs."

"I haven't had that much to drink! And very well, smartie, and when did you say the heart appeared then?"

Zhongli reminisced. A sigh escaped his lips as he felt the other God lean his head on his shoulder with a goofy grin on his face, he was already being affected by the alcohol, he could smell it from there. He went back in time for a few moments and found the answer, when he noticed the second change that caught his lover's attention as he flew over the island, it was no other time than right after the declaration.

"When you accepted," He mused thoughtfully. "The island was solidified, so your influence on it was almost on the spot, not when you say. Therefore, we can conclude from this unnecessary discussion that, in addition to lack of memory, you should also graduate your eyesight."