𝟏𝟏 𝐀 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

A/N 

I'm so sorry for the wait! I've had COVID and tonsillitis all within the space of three weeks, and I'm still recovering from the latter ugh. 

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy this chapter! Remember to let me know what you think - I love reading through all the comments! 

Carys x

~

a small moment

"One more word from you and I will wrap a drumstick 'round your neck."

I raised my eyebrows and looked at Deacy sat next to me, holding in a cackle at the way fights escalated between Roger and Brian so easily. I leaned towards Deacy so I didn't have to speak above a murmur. "£10 on Roger shoving a drumstick up Brian's ar—" He cut me off with a gasp, nudging me to shut up, which made me snort a laugh, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Oh, please, Rog, stop being so fucking childish," Brian once again addressed his bandmate, setting a drink down on a ledge that ran along the wall of the barn. He looked down at the Red Special, fine tuning as he added in a snarky mumble, "That said, you probably think you are a child, going around with that fucking haircut all the time..."

Deacy patted my leg to get my attention. I looked at him with a smirk.

"£15." He raised my bet.

"What?" I chuckled. "You'd still be paying me if he does it."

Deacy's face dropped a little. "Oh yeah," he snorted himself, covering it up with a cough.

"Why are they arguing, anyway?" I called out to Freddie, who was hopelessly trying to get some work done over by the mixing desk with one of the engineers.

"Honestly, Brian had reservations over the lyrics, and now Blondie wants to complain about the guitar—ladies!" Freddie cut himself off, pressing down the button that allowed him to speak to the guitarist and the drummer in the live room.

"I'm not having that ni-ni-ni bollocks on my drum track!" Roger sternly insisted, placing his hands on his hips as he stood behind his drum set, a pair of headphones gripping around his messy hair, one side of them sitting behind his ear.

"It makes more sense to put you two on the same tape because it doesn't matter if you bleed into each other. There'll be no phasing!" John #2, the producer, told them through the microphone.

"No phasing, Roger—" Brian started to repeat, only to be cut off by Roger once again.

"No phasing, Roger," he answered in a mocking tone, trying to imitate Brian's voice.

"Guys," Freddie called to them.

"Bloody shut up and play the drums, you Genesis reject."

"Guys," Freddie repeated, only a little louder. I chewed on my lip, the confrontation and the tension in the air becoming less and less amusing by the second. I looked over at the doorway to the studio to see Reid – boy, he didn't half walk in at the wrong time. Behind him was Paul, who was automatically amused by the chaos unfolding in the live room. I gave Reid a look of disapproval and a slight shake of my head when he caught my eye.

"For your information, I was the one who turned them down because I was stupid enough to work with a control freak... A.K.A you," Roger jabbed a finger in Brian's direction. Now he really was acting like a child.

"That's enough!" Freddie rose his voice even more, but it still fell on deaf ears.

"Roger, I'm bored of this conversation, just shut the fuck up and stop being such a dick!" Brian huffed. Roger had clearly pushed a few buttons already and Brian was being edged closer to snapping. I got up from my place next to Deacy and walked over to stand beside Freddie, giving him a look of reassurance. I tucked my fingers into the back pockets of my jeans, resting my palms against the rear side of my hips as I once again observed the back and forth.