Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO.

chapter two

chapter two. catastrophe.
tewkesbury | most eligible
@arsolaire . fanfiction '

IN THE DOORWAY STOOD THE LADIES OF THE BENNET HOUSEHOLD.

"Natalia, who is this?" Narcissa questioned as she stared at her sister who stood in such close proximity to the young lord next to her, awkwardly holding the pot of flowers that they both spent so much attention to. The two looked at each other, questioning the names of another as they turned their head again to the older Bennet.

"It does not matter. I was just — studying Lord Aldrich's study." Natalia answered as she cleared her throat and lowered her head. The girl took a few steps forward as Cassandra Bennet walked closer to her, gesturing a hand towards the boy.

"And what is his purpose?"

"He was er . . . he was," Natalia sneaked a look at the lord with an urgent emphasis.

"I was translating a missive for her, ma'am." Tewkesbury interjected, putting the flower down. "It is one of my hobbies to examine plants, and Lord Aldrich's Camellia piqued my interest."

Narcissa raised a questioning eyebrow, "And where, pray tell, is this translated missive?"

"We were still — " Tewkesbury started only to be cut off by Natalia.

"Thinking about what to write."

The Marquess took the initiative to walk by the desk and take a parchment paper, taking a hold of the pen that was in the pot of ink, and scribbling down. "I do think I have an idea as to how to start your correspondence, Miss Bennet."

Talia turned her head to look at him and bobbed her head, her lips tightly shut and struggling to keep a curve. In her mind was the question as to what the young lord was doing, but it became apparent when he whispered the first few statements, "Seigneur, je suis enclin à accepter l'invitation à votre réunion de famille en tant qu'interprète invité d'un court poème."

"Sir, I am inclined to accept the invitation to your family gathering as a guest performer of a short poetry." He clarified.

Natalia swallowed her spit as her lashes fluttered numerously before turning around to face her mother and sister, "See? Nothing to worry about." Cassandra threw her hands exasperatedly at the air and left the room, clouded with disappointment.

"Your name," Tewkesbury suddenly asked.

"My name?"

"Your name," he repeated, looking up from the parchment to her and her sister in the doorway, crossing her arms at the sight that was continuing to unfold.