Chapter five

Tourney Field 

Cindy remained standing in the same spot at the tourney field, starring at the ground with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. The rest of the students and the Tourney team had already left making their way back inside the school. Ben had just confessed hsi love for the daughter of Maleficent, Mal, publicly with a song, the day after he told her he loved her. But the prince and the purple hair girl were long gone, in fact everyone was. All that remained was Cindy, Jaq and Gus, together with the broken pieces of the blonde princess' heart. 

Her mice best friends looked up at her sympathetically. They felt helpless as they watched Cindy try and piece together what had happened. 

"I..." Cindy trailed off, with a hushed voice. "I don't understand... I--" 

Cindy 

I've always dreamed 

That my life could be 

Like a fairy tale 

A perfect fantasy

Every day a new adventure on some undiscovered shore

Was it nothing more than a dream? 

She looked down at Ben's ring on her finger. 

Cindy 

Then one magic night 

With a single dance

I found so much more than just a storybook romance

And for once my life was perfect 

As we glided across the floor

And it was so much more 

So much more than a dream

I could say it never happened 

Just a dream from the start

But then I'd live my life 

With a broken heart 

It was now that Gus started crying. 

"No, no," Jaq tried to comfort his best friend. "No cry, Gus-Gus. Princey knows he loves Cindyelly. He's jsut unsure." 

Cindy looked towards them. "Yes, of course he does." She wiped away Gus' tears with her finger. "If I... if I just talk to him again." 

"Yeah, yeah," Jaq agreed. "Talk to Princey!" 

"Yes," Cindy exclaimed. "Everything will be alright." 

"Yeah, yeah," Gus cheered. 

"Everything will be alright," Jaq repeated Cindy's statement. 

Cindy 

'Cause in a Prince's arms 

I've found a love I can't deny

If there's any chance to set things right 

I've simply got to try