Chapter 1: Sealed bonds

Caleb's Pov
This was it, this was the day, I finally got to go to UCLA, My dream of getting accepted was finally coming true. I breathed in the cool air, it was winter and one of the rare cold days in California, I pulled on the collar of my sweatshirt. I walked on campus with all my clothes and books and every school supply i needed shoved in my backpack. I looked down at my paper that told me where my dorm room was, I was a pretty sad that all of my other friends weren't here. Someone ran into me knocking me down, I started to cuss when the person said "sorry" really quickly. My voice stopped dead in throat, I looked up at the person who had knocked me down, I found myself staring at the most beautiful blond haired girl with dashing blue eyes. "A-Amy?" I stammered out the question, her eyes lit up "Caleb?" I got up quickly "oh my God you're here!" We hugged each other tightly and we looked into each other's eyes, well screw it, I thought, I leaned down and planted a kiss on her lips, eyes closed, hands down it was the best kiss I've ever had. "That was quite awkward" said a voice I knew pretty well, "by the way now we don't have to worry about timezones." I gasped, I turned and looked at Natalie standing there, crossing her arms with a shy smile on her face. "No way, this isn't happening, this is way to good to be true!" Natalie ran up and hugged me and Amy in a 3 way group hug, "what, don't I get a hug?" Somebody asked, I turned to see Areen walking toward us, "oh get over here Areen!" Natalie said we all hugged again, we broke our little cuddle huddle and somebody tackled me from behind and shoved their knee in my back, something cold was held up to my neck, the person leaned down and whispered in my ear "stay away from my girl Caleb" I laughed "damn it Kenzie get off of me!" I yelled at her, she got off my back laughing at me and threw the cold object into a fountain, it was a piece of ice about a foot long. Kenzie walked over to Areen and hugged her really tightly, then looked into Areen's eyes and kissed her... For a minute and a half, it got awkward, so I cleared my throat to make them stop. A red haired girl walked past me, I kind of recognized her, I tentatively called out "Rachel?" She looked behind her, and noticed me. She immediately closed the distance between us and hugged me, tightly. My arms were trapped up against my side, it would have been fine... But it lasted for five minutes, yup, you just take all the time you want, I thought to myself. When she finally stopped, everybody was engaging in side conversations, trying to make it less awkward than it really was. "Hey, let's go out to lunch, I know the best place ever!" I said to them, "I can't go," Kenzie said, "gotta go umm, unpack" she turned and walked away. I shrugged, "I'll drive," I offered, everybody nodded in agreement. We all walked out to my car, a Maserati, Rachel and Amy both called shotgun in unison, they were starting to fight over who got to sit up front. "Both of you aren't going up front!" I said, I looked at Natalie, "you wanna sit up front with me?" I asked her, she nodded and slid into the front seat without saying a word. I started the car up, and immediately rock music started blasting out the speakers, some good ol' Linkin Park. I turned down the music and pulled out of the school, "Siri, find me the nearest Flame Broiler" I said. Siri found me a Flame Broiler five minutes from me, I drove there. I pulled into the closest parking spot, right in front of the restaurant, we got out and went inside, in total four of us ordered steak and one of us ordered chicken, we all got our meal, I prayed silently to myself and thanked God for bringing us together, then we all dug in. Ten minutes later we were done, we all got back into the car, and there was silence on the drive back, except for the Skillet that was coming out of my speakers. We got to campus at 5:30, we all said goodbye and went to our dorms to unpack, I was alone in my dorm. Which I was absolutely comfortable with, I liked to be alone sometimes, gave me time to think, I started to unpack.