Chapter 1

(Avery's POV)
I go into my old beat up house coming back from the grocery store to get my Mom and Dad, more milk to put into their booze.

Nasty, I know. I go into the house, and set the milk down, and go to walk up the stairs only to be grabbed by my hair, and thrown to the ground landing with an 'oomph.' I look up to see my Mom with a beer in her hand as well as my Dad standing there smirking.

"What took you so dang long!?" She yells grabbing me by my hair once again, and throwing me onto a stair causing me to hit my face on one of the steps, which I can already feel a bruise forming. "Why were you gone so long!? Huh! Did you go report us!! Do we not treat you right?! We give you everything!!!"

She yells, throwing her bottle down, and it smashing. "Go to your room!! Before I loose control!!" I get up shakily, wobbly. I look up scared, and dodge up the stairs, and safely, but quietly shut my door. I go into my bathroom, and clean my bruise (gash) and get into the shower. I quickly wash my body, and go into my room. I get into my bed, and close my eyes letting mind take me, this won't ever stop. They will do this until you get out of here. I feel my hair, and notice some is missing, great another hair cut I will have to get. I better go to sleep I have school tomorrow, the only reason I go is because, I want to be able to go to college. I slowly drift off to sleep knowing tomorrow will be the same as everyday. I will be invisible.
**********************************
"Avery!!! Get up before I rip you out of bed!!!" My Mon screams up the stairs, great she's in a good mood. Sarcasm. I get up, and walk into my bathroom, I wash my face, brush my teeth, straighten my hair, and then throw on my glasses. I go back into my room, and then get dressed in a pair of skinny jeans a t-shirt, and a band sweatshirt. I go down stairs, grab a water out of the fridge, and go out the front door, and walk to school. I plug in my ear phones to my phone, and listen to eminem headlights.

I get into the school parking lot, only to be hit by a piece of paper that's casual...not. I push my hair out of my face, and continue walking like nothing happened. I go into the school, and head for my locker only to be slammed into one. "Why! Do you always have to be in the goddang way!! You dumb brat!" The 'Queen B' of the school yells.

Her name is Victoria, she is so mean she treats me like dirt, and she thinks she's everything. She thinks everyone should bow down to her commands all the time. She has a pack of cours how cliché, and shes daddy's little girl. I don't judge her...because maybe things are happening in her life that she just gets so angry so she takes it out on me..I don't know. I stand up, my eyebrow bleeding, from the impact, I stumble off to my locker. Why is it always me? Out of everyone in this world. Me. I sigh getting my books out of my locker carefully. I keep my head down walking through the halls like the little coward I am.

I hear people snickering as I walk by, the only time I'm invisible is when people want nothing to do with 'a nothing' I am nothing and I will be like that until I get out of this, this, this hell. I feel like I'm in hell. I trudge into the math room, worst subjects of the day I might add, and sit all the way in the back.

I put my head down into my desk because I'm already finished with the lesson were learning, and let the darkness consume me. Ding! Ding! I wake up to the bell going off, I grab my things, and rush to my locker. I get there only to hear my phone ringing. I answer it, "hello?" "Make sure you pick up more milk! Were all out!! And don't be late coming home; were having company!" She shouts through the phone. Great this otta be good, my parents having company over, wow this will really be a fake night.
**********************************

After going to the store to get more stuff for tonight, I have walk up to my house seeing we have neighbors. New ones I guess. I go inside. I am amazed by what I see my house is clean, I hear my Mom laughing. Huh they must be here already before they see me I run up stairs, and cover up my bruises, with some light foundation. I quickly look at my hair, and run down stairs to be greeted with my Mom all dressed up, and my Dad also.

"This is my daughter, Avery, she is your sons age, what is his name again dear?" She asks the woman standing in front of her. She has short brown (blondish) hair, she has a pretty figure, and a cute outfit. "Hi." Is all I can choke out. I'm shy with people I don't know. She smiles, and she gestures to her son which is quite cute. "This is Christian, my son." She smiles, at me I wave to him, "hey." He says in a deep husky tone. I blushed. "Honey why don't you, and Christian go hang or whatever you kids do, while the adults talk." I nod, and wave him over, and he comes, "do you uh- want to go upstairs?" I ask looking down. "Yeah..sure." He agrees, and we walk up the stairs in front of my door.