12 - Cat-like Eyes

You groggily rubbed your eyes while walking down the hallways. Your tie was slightly loose and your uniform was also...slightly crumpled.

Everyone's eyes were on you which you didn't notice as you were only staring down at the ground with dull eyes.

You stopped when you accidentally almost bumped into someone. You closed your eyes tightly then opened them again to fix your vision.

You saw a woman who you never saw before in this school but she was wearing the Hyakkaou uniform.

The woman had a long hair and eyes that reminds you of a cat. Long hair, slim waist, a beautiful body and-

"Are you done staring?"

...

You stood still, processing what happened. You felt a little dizzy and incredibly tired as you only got a few hours of sleep last night as you spent a lot of hours thinking of lyrics for a song you were working on.

"Ah, sorry." You mumbled. She eyed you from up and down and smirked.

"Hmm, I guess I'm lucky today." She hummed.

You cocked your brows, furrowing as you deadpanned. You didn't even know who this person was.

'Is she another creep?'

"What do you want?" You hissed, uninterested to talk with anyone right now. You wanted to immediately head to the classroom to sleep for a while, but seems like that's not happening.

"Seems like someone slept on the wrong side of the bed today."

Yeah, guess what? You didn't even get enough sleep at all.

"Get to the poi-"

"Y/N!" Someone shouted from behind. You turned around and saw Mary while the woman in front of you glanced over to your side.

It was Mary.

She approached you, running while her eyes were only focused on you. She didn't notice the woman near you.

"Look at you! Your uniform is so messy! And what happened to your hair?! Did you not brush it?! The people kept on staring at you earlier!" She scowled, fixing your uniform and your tie properly, also fixing your hair a little.

#wifematerial

She gritted her teeth in annoyance. Until, her eyes slightly widened as her eyes slowly looked to her side and saw...

"Sachiko..." Mary mumbled.

'Sachiko?' You thought to yourself. So that was her name.

"Mary, seems like we've met again." She chuckled. Mary's face grimaced as she then quickly went in front of you.

It seems like Mary despises her.

"What do you want?!" She scowled.

"Oh? I simply just want to talk to your..." The woman who is known as Sachiko, raised her hand and pointed her finger at you.

"...boyfriend."

Her eyes completely widened in shock while you were only staring at the both of them, speechless.

She started blushing furiously and stammered, "I'm not his girlfriend! We're just friends!"

"Is that so?" Sachiko trailed off, her lips forming into a smirk, again.

"I'm slightly convinced, then."

"What do you mean slightly?! I told you we're just friends!" She shouted.

"Mhm." Sachiko slightly nodded and darted your eyes to you.

"So, Y/N. Can I ask you the question or must she also hear it too?"

You pursed your lips and glanced at Mary, signaling her to leave. She huffed and said, "You need to watch out for yourself, idiot. Or else people will think bad of you."

You nodded in response. "I've never seen a friend who cares for someone that much."

"SHUT UP!" Mary shouted to the woman while walking away.

You glanced at Sachiko and asked, "What were you going to ask?"

"Let's see..." She tapped her finger on her chin, pretending to think. You looked at her, slightly irritated.

"How about we gamble?"

"..."

"Is that it?" You furrowed your brows while she nodded.

You let out a weary sigh. "I'm not in the mood. Maybe I'll think about it." She shrugged and turned around.

"If you ever changed your mind, you can always find me around here."

"What's your name?" Your sudden question made her stop in her tracks and smile.

"Sachiko Juraku. Former student council member." She replied then walked away.

You were taken aback by what she said.  'A former student council member?' You repeated in your head.

You were now somehow interested in this woman.

---

You were curious, wondering why Mary seems to despise this girl, or hate, perhaps? So you searched for your friend around the school.

Your eyes slightly widened before rushing towards Mary, who you finally found. 

"Mary, I want to ask you something about that girl we both met earlier." You blurted out. That question was the only thing that came on your mind. Nothing else.

She raised his brow, turning her attention to you. "What?" She crossed her arms, furrowing her brows as she continued, "Don't tell me you're interested on another girl again."

...

Another?

You blinked twice in confusion, your mouth slightly agape. "What do you mean? I'm not that kind of person." Your expression showed confusion and unbothered, but you didn't like the fact that she might have considered you that kind of person.

She clicked her tongue and whispered something that you didn't hear.

She spoke again and said, "Fine. I'll tell you something about her." You nodded in response.

Mary began explaining to you about Sachiko Juraku, aka the woman you met earlier. 

"That's all I could say." She mumbled with a neutral tone in her voice. You were speechless. 

"So you both didn't get along well..." You also mumbled back, furrowing your brows. You observed her expression. It didn't change one bit. But the way she talked about that woman...it really looks like she doesn't even wanna talk about her, but it was like forced, since it was you who wanted it anyway.

You frowned and said, "I deeply apologize for asking, it seemed like you were bothered by it."

"I'm not." She immediately replied, glancing towards you. 

Soon, the aura between the both of you turned awkward, the both of you fell into an uncomfortable silence. 

Mary managed to speak up, wanting to reassure you that she's not mad or anything.

"B-Besides! Why the hell would I be bothered about talking about her anyway?! She doesn't matter to me anymore!"